Ways the Nexus Prime is like the iPhone

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Apple has killed everyone on the fit and finish, and its phone has consistently outsold individual handsets for more than a year and a half (i.e. forever in the smartphone world).

This bothers me. Do you think that if more models of IOS phones were being produced the iPhone would be doing so great. The reason the iPhone is doing so well is because a lack of options. Android is doing well because there is so many "cool" phones coming out all the time. If Apple had more models more frequently Android may not hold such a big chunk of the market. At least that's my thought.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This bothers me. Do you think that if more models of IOS phones were being produced the iPhone would be doing so great. The reason the iPhone is doing so well is because a lack of options. Android is doing well because there is so many "cool" phones coming out all the time. If Apple had more models more frequently Android may not hold such a big chunk of the market. At least that's my thought.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

^ this. I have the same exact concept.

GrillMouster

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
When Apple made the iPhone available on Verizon it didn't get quite the bump that it had hoped for, but that's simpy because many iPhone owners were still on contract. Some of them were iPhone owners in AT&T, and some were on other carriers and just waiting for an iPhone to be available on any carrier other than AT&T. Additionally, the carriers grandfathering in current customers into unlimited data plans has kept may customers loyal (that's why I won't leave Verizon...I don't want a tiered data plan). Finally, since the VZW iPhone was an "old" phone on a new carrier, many people wanted to wait. I think a lot of folks, including many current Android users, have been waiting for the next iPhone.

I'm waiting for the Nexus, but I'm keeping my options open. Google isn't loyal to me, so why should I pledge my undying love to Android?

dhawaldamania

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well there are few points I'd like to add here

Is is rightly said about Apple, ?They take a technology that already exists, improve it a bit and sell it as the second coming.? That was one of the Android staffer?s analysis of the iPhone 4S launch and we struggle to find a more succinct interpretation of what was unveiled in Cupertino, California a few days back by Tim Cook.

Here are some of the Features where Android beats iOS hands down

Ice-Cream Sandwich vs iOS 5

The launch of iOS 5 is a key selling point for the iPhone 4S, yet it?s by no means exclusive to that handset. As you should all know by now, Android?s Ice Cream Sandwich update is due next week on 11 October, launched has been delayed, however we?ll be able to give a clearer head-to-head then but we?re pretty confident it will withstand the challenge.

This may sound funny but, key iOS 5 features include improved Twitter connectivity, iMessage, which will face stiff competition from BBM for Android and WhatsApp, and location-based reminders. These all features are already done a year back or is in the works for Android and hardly the smartphone war?s ?Golden horse?.

Siri vs Voice Action for Android

Let?s not be unfair, Siri does look a fairly impressive piece of tech if it works to its full potential as they?ve presented it to be.

Is it a brand new invention though? BIG NO.

complete read at Android beats iOS (even after iPhone 4S and) in all walks; Check out why | The DNetWorks

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Although I'm already convinced it is after seeing pics and the Google + Samsung commercial, I (for one) hope it is built by Samsung. I feel Samsung is currently making some of the best screens on the market, I may eat my worlds but I think when you walking into VZW to get your Nexus the screen will pop out at you even if its parked by a new iPhone.

Back to rumors but better optics will hopefully put the camera at least on par with the iPhone. The geek in me hates this though. I love comparing specs but when push comes to shove the iPhone takes a better pics regardless of megapixels which is important but by no means is how you determine the quality of a picture taken by the device.

I should probably put my flame suit on but I wouldn't consider the iPhone a better built device then ALL Android phones. All my friends have iPhones and half of them are breaking in one way or another. It is a major hassle to have an iPhone lock up on you and the only way to fix it is by plugging it into iTunes when you are on vacation. Never really had a problem with any android product.

Margucci

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
i know this might be a tad bit obvious but i just wanted to point it out just in case. i think the largest similarity between the iPhone and the Nexus will be that they are both phones. I believe that this will be a key feature in both devices. Hopefully Apple doesn't think they they have a patent on "phones" and attempts to file an injunction.

YoshiDroid

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Just to comment some of the older posts. There are several cheap android devices with lower quality which explains the high return rate. Therefor it's not fair to compare an iphone against an htc wildfire for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick