We should get ICS on November 28

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
This is the internet. On an internet forum.... Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm not knowledgeable.

I have not been proven wrong... You have and you won't admit it.

And I don't come off as an Apple fanboy. I come off as a person who doesn't take bullcrap from companies. I'm not saying Apple does everything right. Not by a long shot. They do many thing in my eyes I find down right dumb. But the topic on hand. You know the Updates, I agree with the way Apple does theirs.

So stop being so one sided and a fanboy and think. Stop accepting every answer you get and question it. I may be the young one. But you're proving to be the less mature one overall.

And maybe next time you can answer my whole post instead of my edit.

Wow, you're also delusional. You said Apple announces and puts out updates right away. I showed you it was four months. You know what, I'm not even gonna go over it again. Go back and read the thread. Everything you've said has been disproven. You just keep trying to defend your BS. Pathetically I might add.

You're right, being young doesn't mean your not knowledgeable. But you're not knowledgeable, so I'm not surprised you're young. You don't take bullcrap from companies? Again, you show your age. Its called business, and you obviously fail to grasp many of the intricacies.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
And there was no reason to respond to the rest of your post because there was nothing of substance in it. Kinda like this thread at this point. You say the same things that have already been disproven time and again. And you put up your other forums. Whoop de do. All that proves to me is that you clutter up other boards with your opinion wrapped up as fact and then defend it even when shown evidence of it being wrong.

koolkid09

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow, you're also delusional. You said Apple announces and puts out updates right away. I showed you it was four months. You know what, I'm not even gonna go over it again. Go back and read the thread. Everything you've said has been disproven. You just keep trying to defend your BS. Pathetically I might add.

You're right, being young doesn't mean your not knowledgeable. But you're not knowledgeable, so I'm not surprised you're young. You don't take bullcrap from companies? Again, you show your age. Its called business, and you obviously fail to grasp many of the intricacies.

And read again... I also said even though the update was months away, Apple provided iOS 5 beta to it's users to download. Has Google offered beta software to it's users? Hell no.

I still wan't to know where ICS is for the Nexus. Apple announced the iPhone 4s on October 4. Releases the iPhone 4s October 14. iOS 5 was released October 12 (I believe) for the 4 and 3gs. The Galaxy Nexus was announced October 19. Released when??? No one knows!!! ICS for Nexus S when??? No one knows!!! It is now December 12! I haven't seen this much incompetence since Palm and the Pre.

How is it a business move when Apple can release their update to it's older phones first and still sell the 4s well? Why can't Google do that? Is that because Google is not bigger than Apple. Which goes back to my first point from way earlier that started this whole thing.

Fact is Google doesn't have it's priorities straight and needs to get on the ball...

And like I said you may be older, but you are way more immature, and much less knowledgeable on this matter.

Last edited:

koolkid09

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
And there was no reason to respond to the rest of your post because there was nothing of substance in it. Kinda like this thread at this point. You say the same things that have already been disproven time and again. And you put up your other forums. Whoop de do. All that proves to me is that you clutter up other boards with your opinion wrapped up as fact and then defend it even when shown evidence of it being wrong.

I've countered everything you've said with dates and releases.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
And you still miss the point entirely. There's a reason no one here was agreeing with you. They see you are wrong. I'm the one who put the dates up first to prove you wrong about Apples "instant updates" Don't try to twist that around like you showed the date to prove a point. I showed the dates to prove you wrong. Go back and read

IOS5 announcement June, release October 4 months
ICS announcement October, release November 3 weeks

Yes there was an iOS beta. Google doesn't do betas, they do source code and sdk. Its been out for months. That's why there have been ICS ROMs for months. That's a wash. They both released early builds for developers.

Your original point was there is no delay between Apple announcing and releasing. Wrong. 4 months.
Google announced ICS and released the GSM GN 3 weeks later. You can do math, right?

Google has their priorities straight. Their business model is quite sound. Yes the Verizon GN launch has been a bit screwed up, but it happens sometimes. It seems like the end of the world now, but as soon as its released it will be forgotten.

I will give you credit for one thing though. I have been immature. I should have just quit after the first 5 times proving you wrong, but I just have this problem letting people get the last word to make themselves feel like they're right when they're so far off. I'm done. Say what you will. Everyone that followed the thread so how off you were, which is why everyone was talking back at you and not agreeing with you. I'm sure this threads about to get shot down anyway, and rightly so

koolkid09

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
And you still miss the point entirely. There's a reason no one here was agreeing with you. They see you are wrong. I'm the one who put the dates up first to prove you wrong about Apples "instant updates" Don't try to twist that around like you showed the date to prove a point. I showed the dates to prove you wrong. Go back and read

Yes there was an iOS beta. Google doesn't do betas, they do source code and sdk. Its been out for months. That's why there have been ICS ROMs for months. That's a wash. They both released early builds for developers.

Your original point was there is no delay between Apple announcing and releasing. Wrong. 4 months.
Google announced ICS and released the GSM GN 3 weeks later. You can do math, right?

Google has their priorities straight. Their business model is quite sound. Yes the Verizon GN launch has been a bit screwed up, but it happens sometimes. It seems like the end of the world now, but as soon as its released it will be forgotten.

I will give you credit for one thing though. I have been immature. I should have just quit after the first 5 times proving you wrong, but I just have this problem letting people get the last word to make themselves feel like they're right when they're so far off. I'm done. Say what you will. Everyone that followed the thread so how off you were, which is why everyone was talking back at you and not agreeing with you. I'm sure this threads about to get shot down anyway, and rightly so

Differences is for the iOS betas they come straight from Apple ready to install on the devices. Android updates come from Google not ready to install. You still need to build for Android.

Yes, my original argument was instant updates. You proved that wrong, but i countered with beta available for iPhones. You still haven't provided a good enough excuse to why Google can't give betas out to their Nexus phones. Remember I am not talking about all Android devices, only Nexus devices.

You wan't to see some bad OS management. Look how long the Nexus One took to get the Gingerbread update. Pathetic.

That happens sometimes? It hasn't happened to Apple phones yet.

I've only been wrong once. But I countered that. People here will not agree with me because this is an Android fanboy site. But if I was to go to a neutral site, I would have many people agree with me.

I don't want Google to follow Apples closed ways, But I want Google to treat their Nexus devices like Nexus devices. Right now they get treated like second rate crap.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

One thing that needs to be said is that just because there's a gap between announcement and release, it doesn't mean that the gap is because it's not ready. What I've been seeing over the years has been a growing trend in creating an "artificial scarcity" in order to build up the anticipation and demand for a product. Don't believe me?

Look at Facebook. They could have grown much faster than they did, but they refrained from opening it up to various markets until the frenzy for membership reached a certain point.

Google did the same thing (though they completely underdelivered) with Google+ and their "invite" scheme.

Apple knows it has a hit with the iPhone, and they know that it'd sell millions of devices upon its release. Yet so many people still had to wait weeks to receive theirs.

And look at us now. Here we are, chomping at the bit to get ICS from Google.

History repeats itself more than we're willing to admit.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow, sure is a lot of discussion over Google, Fruitphone, OS and updates and manufactures "word" on releases....

I think I will throw my hat into the ring....

1. Fruitphone... Sure its had a good strong hold on the market for years. Times are changing, developers are realizing there is more than just Fruit and notice Android is taking a good footing in the market and all walks of life. Developers are starting to provide their products and developments on both platforms or making a choice and going strictly one way or another. Lately I think Android is getting the better deal on this. Fruitphone's latest device, I think has been fairly successful but at the same time I think showed a lack of staying in touch with what people want too... No 4g? That's quickly becoming a must in many people's lives and with the more advanced online apps and things that are done 3g just isn't making it happen anymore... This alone shows a big fail in my opinion. Then we have Fruit's ongoing lawsuits getting thrown out to anyone that even comes within a mile of looking or acting like one of their products. Thankfully the court systems are starting to look at list as a waste of time and are going in favor of the accused. There is only so many ways you can change a device's exterior appearance to avoid patent rights and yet still stay within the bounds of what works in the consumers hands. You get to far out of control with your shape, layout, etc.. people aren't comfortable with it and they aren't going to buy or use it.... Bottom line... Many makes and models of cars, trucks, radios, tv's, etc.. all are very close in looks today and you don't see them suing each other every single moment over appearances... I think Fruit is realizing their once strong fan base is starting to break apart as more people realize what Android has to offer and they are just grabbing at what last powers they have.... Take their competitors to court over appearance patents.

2. Android, gaining ground very quickly and really making a big blow to other competitors. At times I think Android and its manufactures do move way to quickly... So many new devices and advancements that a device HTC or Samsung releases today was outdated yesterday by another device the same manufacture just rolled off the assembly line. Many devices have been plagued by uncalled for bugs that could of been prevented if things were slowed down and more testing was done. The introduction of dual and now talk of quad core processors, while I think is great but we still are seeing good developments and growth in the single core markets. I've said it before and will say it again... The devs need time to learn and grow with the technology... Push it out too fast and they can't even keep up with it.. Google.... I think Google needs to get a bit stronger grip on the manufactures and what they are allowing.. UI's are getting a bit to controlling and causing many problems for manufactures, app developers and eventually the consumers trying to make everything "gel" and work properly... I know were all about open source but I think Google needs to start setting a little tighter specs or boundaries on what UI's can and can't do to make the overall process of OS & app updates across all the devices easier for everyone.

Regardless of my opinion or anyone else its definitely a great time to be involved in the smartphone world and watch how things develop day by day. Somethings for the better and others for the worse...

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I think ICS will be out when it's ready, like every other update from every other vendor, Android, Apple or otherwise.

If they released it before its ready more people will be mad about their broken phones than they are about it taking so long. If I'm Google and/or Sprint I'm going to go with waiting until it's ready.

I never understood how comparing Apple to Android works. They are two different models with very different strengths and weaknesses. If you choose Android over Apple you take the 'bad' with the 'good'. It's a package deal. One 'bad' with Android is waiting longer for OTAs. It's always been that way and I don't imagine it'll change.

One 'good' with Android in general and the Nexus line more specifically is being able to flash whatever you want to your phone. So, for those that can't or don't want to wait, and I'm in the category, there are several great ICS roms out there. Many good enough for daily use. They are not 100% stable and have a few quirks but if you're OK with a less than polished experience they are fine.

The second major benefit of the Nexus line is that you'll get your upgrades before everyone else and I believe that still holds true. The Nexus S is a year old, the 4G a bit younger, but both will have their upgrades well before the RAZR, Rezound or other newer phones.

So, yeah waiting sucks but it sucks much less than the alternative, a broken phone or waiting several months vs several weeks for the upgrade.

anyway, just my two cents.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz