Webtop Application with HDMI Cable.....and no Dock!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Alright. So our friends at XDA have got this working. Although I dont know what Deodoxed is and Im not good with trying to get ADB installed. It would be nice if they could make this into a simple APK to install with root access. If we want it, lets let them know about it. That sure would be nice rather then people dropping all that money on the HDMI Dock.

Webtop Via HDMI Without a Dock

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Whats your system set up? And whats the easiest way to make this happen? LOL Im really interested!

you have to install that rom, which you shouldn't do at this point if you've never done something like that before. it's in the early stages and you risk bricking the phone if you dont know what youre doing.

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
bricking will surely keep me away, really would like to see this happen with no risk. hope it can sooner rather than later.

dtc100

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
bricking will surely keep me away, really would like to see this happen with no risk. hope it can sooner rather than later.

Just so happened I finally received the HDMI dock from Amazon, $89.99 free shipping. Not cheap but I have just plugged in a regular USB wireless keyboard with a built in touchpad, it works so far. I think $90 is worth it so I don't have to hold the phone with the HDMI cable attached.

Unfortunately the little remote isn't working so far, it is too small anyway.

clipse#CB

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I set my phone up for this just this morning. Everything is working great for me. Pretty simple if you follow all the instructions to the 'T'. Also, as far as only working on wifi, there is an APN hack to take care of that. I haven't bothered with that part of it because I will only be using this where there is wifi.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree. It looks like replacing the Rom with another one. Ive done that before but its not worth the headache if your not really good at doing that kind of stuff. Its risky and tricky. But the way Ive gotton myself out of bricking phones is by spending hours finding a solution to fixing it. And I wont stop until its fixed and it really drives me nuts sometimes. So better off just not doing it. Im pretty sure they will figure out a way to make it happen without everything being so complicated.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I know. Its like a Step by Step for advanced people that already know what all the coding is. It kind of upsets me. lol

jonathan_droid

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
i just hope they will come up with an easier way, tonight i rooted the atrix and installed a new rom, but i still can't get it working after keep on trying...

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I know. Its like a Step by Step for advanced people that already know what all the coding is. It kind of upsets me. lol

i think it's safe to say if you don't understand the steps, then don't try it. the phone was never meant to be accessed like this. it always takes some bit of knowledge to hack away at phone software; unfortunately there isn't always an easy button like one-click root or jailbreak. there's a reason the HD dock exists, so that people who don't want to risk their phone or hack into it can get the functionality it was meant for.

sorry not trying to preach, but saying that it "upsets you" that there's no easy step-by-step guide kind of cheapens the efforts of all the XDA folk because they're doing this all on their own time and for little credit/gain.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It upsets me because Im not smart enough to know how to do this. Im sure I could really, if it werent all for ADB. Ive no success with that program anywhere running Windows 7 64bit. Im amazed at what these guys can do. Just Jelous I cant get in on the fun with something like this. This hack actually saves you a lot of money. Thats the part that gets me.

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
woooo got it working! they made an easy installer process too. took all of 3 minutes. posting from my non-docked webtop :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billybouwer6