Weekly Photo Contest: Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Parks.jpg

Bryant Park. Taken with the Nexus 5.

Whether it's just your neighborhood dog park or one of the many expansive national parks around the U.S. and the world, there are plenty of opportunities to go and find a great public park and take some beautiful pictures. This week the photo contest prompt is "parks," and we hope it encourages you to get out and get some fresh air at a park this week, taking some photos along the way.

We're expecting more stiff competition this week with plenty of entries, and we'll be giving away Android Mini Collectibles to four winners for their photo entries.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (July 1) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
IMG_20140620_171710.jpg

Taken with my Nexus 5 using the Lens Blur mode. This version was "auto-enhanced" by Google+ photos, otherwise untouched. Our neighborhood park (where my daughter has spent many summers playing) is scheduled to be torn down to make way for new (and presumably improved) equipment. In memory of the fine service it has rendered to countless families our neighborhood association through a farewell party last week before construction began, and the depth of field blur seemed to add the right amount of gravitas to the photo.

lamunyonb

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 125051

Bryant Park. Taken with the Nexus 5.

Whether it's just your neighborhood dog park or one of the many expansive national parks around the U.S. and the world, there are plenty of opportunities to go and find a great public park and take some beautiful pictures. This week the photo contest prompt is "parks," and we hope it encourages you to get out and get some fresh air at a park this week, taking some photos along the way.

We're expecting more stiff competition this week with plenty of entries, and we'll be giving away Android Mini Collectibles to four winners for their photo entries.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (July 1) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Happy_Gilmore_1

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
15wnprc.jpg

Yosemite falls. Taken at Yosemite National park. Stock LG G2. Edited with Snapseed.

Posted via Android Central App

thiscityishell

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
2014-06-03 08.44.47 1.jpg
Don't even remember the name of the little park I was in, but that skyline of New York City in the distance!
Taken with the HTC Evo 4g LTE, edited with VSCOCam :)

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Tenaya Lake in Yosemite N.P. Photo taken with Samsung Galaxy S3's panoramic mode, post-processing done with Snapseed.

I took this photo after a long day of day hiking in Yosemite last summer. We were on our feet all day and on our drive back to Mammoth Lakes we decided to stop off to cool our tired feet in Tenaya Lake. The ice cold water was perfect for our tired, dusty feet!

20130724_191540_1.jpg

Last edited:

anon(174838)

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Took this using my gnex on vacation in Boothbay Harbor, ME with my mom. We just stumbled across Barrett Park while on a drive and the lighting was beautiful!

Attachments

• IMG_20130531_201120.jpg
    IMG_20130531_201120.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
IMG_20140310_123432.jpg

I was walking around Citygarden in downtown St. Louis on my lunch break, and came across this sculpture by Bernar Venet. Taken with my Nexus 5 in HDR+ mode, with some post-editing using the Google+ Photo Editing tools.

gnondpomme

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
he3uqy5e.jpg

Taken on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in a park in Paris... People were enjoying the sun and drinking wine. Women were sunbathing in bikinis... I love Paris!

BldyIdt

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
"we hope it encourages you to get out and get some fresh air at a park this week, taking some photos along the way."

Nope :( This pic was taken from my office with an HTC One M8 (no filters, only cropping). Don't know if it counts as a park though.

IMAG0230_1.jpg

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Taken at a local fishing hole a block from my house. Used a Samsung galaxy s4 with the auto fix feature and frame option.

Attachments

• 2014-05-24 10.04.26.jpg
    2014-05-24 10.04.26.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 43

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Taken with my Galaxy S5 a few weeks back. This is a picture of Bellahouston park where Eminem played last year, I think the grass has finally started to grow back, all in time for this Summers gigs :) No editing on the picture.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech