weird icon on youtube video and greyed out.

quickbeam1213

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Just got a Note 3 and am loving it honestly, but I've got this weird problem while viewing mobile YouTube videos. If I'm bluetoothed to a speaker and I orient the device horizontally, the video still plays, but it dims considerably and this icon appears in the center. What is it, and how do I get rid of it? It's bugging me! Screenshot attached so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm thinking of just going back to the stock application until a new update comes out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-27-02-44-31.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-27-02-44-31.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 75

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This is the cast icon (to either a speaker or to Chromecast). I haven't tried playing a video while connected to a BT speaker (I'll try to remember tomorrow at work, since that's where I have a BT speaker at), so can't say I get the same behavior.

Typically it just shows up grey in the top-right if you're not connected, and blue if you are (or in my case, blue if I'm casting to my Chromecast).

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Screen mirror is turned on. Turn it off. ..bam

sent from my JEDI ELITE Note 3

[hide]respect, teach, coach, have fun and say thanks![/hide]

spoontacks

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
This is happening to me too! Any updates on how to get rid of this?

I've checked the display mirroring and it is off. I tried toggling it as well with no luck.

It's impossible to watch youtube videos this way.

Funk_This

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem since doing the YouTube update on my Xperia Z1, and the settings stuff that should have fixed it did nothing. I uninstalled the updates to the YouTube app, and the issue is gone now. It may have just been an update screwup. I will wait until it updates again before I bite this time.

rd12th

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I got rid of that p**ky icon by doing this. Settings->apps->youtube->uncheck show notification.

Posted via Android Central App

mc-fine

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It used to be an icon in the corner that would show when I was connected through bluetooth in my car. Since the recent update I guess the app is assuming you are trying to do a chromecast and greys out the video. Problem is after I am out the car it stays the same. You click a video and instead of instantly playing it asks to add to TV queue or to play. It stays stuck in that mode, turning off bluetooth, notifications in settings, closing and re-opening app didn't help. Basically had to restart my phone just now to get it working properly.

They need to change it back to the way it used to be or add an option to enable chromecast specifically.

Prong76

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the youtube app back to factory original on my phone and got rid of the update issue. Will just have to trial and error on new updates until one happens that I can be satisfied with using.

brianthepcguru

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the youtube app back to factory original on my phone and got rid of the update issue. Will just have to trial and error on new updates until one happens that I can be satisfied with using.

I had the same problem and resolved it by doing the following:

Settings > Apps > YouTube > Clear Data

Once I restarted the app the icon was gone.

soni8118

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Same prob here , on Note 3 , its so frustrating , tried turning off screen mirroring , cleared cache of youtube in app manager .. didn't worked , i have a plantronics m-165 connected for listening. I think the problem is that youtube app assumes that we are casting audio and video instead of only audio.
if some one finds a solution plz share.

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
same issue here... done all the suggetions here but nothing seems to fix the problem. I wonder how we notify samsung or T-Mobile for them to fix this soon.

manace03

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got a Note 3 and am loving it honestly, but I've got this weird problem while viewing mobile YouTube videos. If I'm bluetoothed to a speaker and I orient the device horizontally, the video still plays, but it dims considerably and this icon appears in the center. What is it, and how do I get rid of it? It's bugging me! Screenshot attached so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm thinking of just going back to the stock application until a new update comes out.

Clearing the cache data in Settings > Apps > YouTube, fixed it for me.

soni8118

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
had the same problem on note 3 , i had to uninstall the update only then it works.
i think we all have to wait for the new youtube version to come , but we should all leave our feedback in the google play store under the youtube app , to let know google about this bug.
for other users you can try uninstalling the latest version of youtube and download ver 4.5.17 from here Download YouTube 4.5.17.apk Android app
i think it will work for you . do remember to turn off automatic updates for this app .
do let me know if it solves the problem .

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

Rookie4sho

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
This is not a carrier issue, this is a Google issue. I have this same exact problem happening on my new Nexus 5. Which has no mirror options to turn on and off. I am connected with a stereo Bluetooth earphones though. Very annoying! I guess we have to give it 1 star in the app store and make a complaint comment for them to realize and fix it.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Here's the fix, go to www. andrioddrawer.com, it's a repository for apps , search for YouTube the download the previous version. This will over write the messed version. It gets rid of the icon and dim screen

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

wilsonb

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You would think Google would have fixed this by now.. uninstalling update is a pretty bad solution.
I seem lost in the ocean of functions in Android. How do I set it to keep from updating only Youtube?