weird icon

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This morning I looked at my phone (now wish I would of taken a pic) but I had a strange looking icon, kind of a star shape. When I pulled down the task bar it said something like Does he love me? blah blah. I'm guessing it is some sort of add bullcrap, but was wondering if anyone else has had that happen? What the heck is it? Thanks in advance!

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's one of those premium sms apps...If it is...they got you. Call Sprint, have them refund you, block it, and have them block all short code texts..You could download ES File Explorer (free) and look under the download folder for what it is exactly.

av1atrx

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know you could do that. My husband got one of those the first day he had his new phone (2 weeks ago). I got the bill yesterday and saw a charge for $9.99! He never requested that, so hopefully they'll refund the money.

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
whew, checked my downloads in the internet and didn't see it there. When I pulled the screen down and to open it, it froze so I just backed out of it and didnt see it anymore.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know you could do that. My husband got one of those the first day he had his new phone (2 weeks ago). I got the bill yesterday and saw a charge for $9.99! He never requested that, so hopefully they'll refund the money.

Technically, you SHOULDN'T be able to do that, but they are "cramming" people left and right. It's called "cramming" and the last big outbreak of it was in the late 90's. They send you a shortcode sms and say *you're signed up for blah blah* text STOP to cancel. 99% of people ignore it thinking like you (and me) and then they get charged for it. Call Sprint. They will refund your money after trying to tell you that you *must have signed up for it*...They get money for allowing 3rd party billing, and it sucks.

Reactions: av1atrx

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
whew, checked my downloads in the internet and didn't see it there. When I pulled the screen down and to open it, it froze so I just backed out of it and didnt see it anymore.

No...Not downloads in the internet...A download folder you won't see without a file manager. Check your sprint account online, and maybe even call *2 if it's not showing. They will cancel it and refund your money only if you're proactive about it. Better safe than sorry.

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No...Not downloads in the internet...A download folder you won't see without a file manager. Check your sprint account online, and maybe even call *2 if it's not showing. They will cancel it and refund your money only if you're proactive about it. Better safe than sorry.

Checked my billing thru Sprint and didn't see anything as of yet (fingers crossed). Thanks for your help.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Cool, maybe it wasn't a cram app, but they are definitely doing it again. They hit 2 of our work phones with it...lol And my Evo...grrr Mine showed up on my bill, so if you're not showing it, then you may not have had one after all. Still curious as to what you had...

av1atrx

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Called Sprint this morning about this charge and they knew what the charge was before I had to a chance to tell her the name on the bill. I guess it's an epidemic. They credited my account and blocked it. Thanks again for the info!

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Called Sprint this morning about this charge and they knew what the charge was before I had to a chance to tell her the name on the bill. I guess it's an epidemic. They credited my account and blocked it. Thanks again for the info!

My only Sprint complaint (all of the carriers allow it) is that they allow 3rd party billing like that. They should be able to differentiate a market charge, and an SMS app.

dr.ballzee

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issue! Called Sprint and they remove it from my bill. They also blocked all third parties from adding anything to my account without my permission.