Weird internal storage issue

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
So i had approximately 600mb of internal storage available and i tried downloading Dead Trigger 2. The entire 450mb something download completed but in the end it gave an error 'not enough storage available, clear some internal storage and try again' message.
Fair enough but the issue is the failed download still apparently ate up 450mb of my internal storage and now i only have 150mb something available.
The problem is the game does not show up in the installed apps list so how come it ate up my internal memory despite giving storage error? How do i recover my lost storage now since the game is not visible anywhere under apps list?
a53d26f3f2ed5538585a1e1a5e19f75f.jpg

I tried everything and can't seem to recover my lost storage that the game ate up.

Phillyjoeyb

Banned
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
In that case I would do a backup and a home screen back up as well that way you don't have to set everything up on the home screen I would do a factory data reset if you don't know how to do clear cache partition then do a factory data reset and and do automatic restore of all your *** and whatnot and that at should then show up if it's on there or you will get your memory back if the app is not on there

Phillyjoeyb

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You could try using a file Explorer. Search for a file with the name of the game. It seems that some files were left after the download failed. Plenty of good ones in the Play Store. ES File Explorer is one of the most popular, free and very small. Tell us how it goes.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys i found the solution on android stackexchange.
When we download big games (such as modern combat series), first play store download its additional files. Application/games additional files are saved on internal memory folder called"Android". Inside of that folder, there's two directories. One is "data" other one is "obb". You can access that folder with any file manager app or by connecting your device to a PC (via USB or WIFI). (No need the root)Search your app additional files in those folders and delete them. Most of the time additional files are saved with the app named folder. For an example "deadtrigger 2" game additional files saved folder called as "com.madfingergames.deadtrigger2".
I got my lost storage back this way.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac