Welcome to the Nexus S 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Greetings! This is a place for new Nexus owners to say hi - and feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself :D

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
My name is Jason. I'm from Seattle, WA. Some if you know me....some of you don't. Been hacking/modding phones for years n' years. Nexus S is next in line to be utterly tinkered with.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hello world!!!!!!!! (sound's like you're first android app huh?)

I'm 28 years old and live in the beautiful city of Rochester, NY. I'm original from Battle Creek, Michigan which is where i was born and lived until i was 21. One day i decided it was time to spread my wings so i packed up my old 89 Chevy cavalier and headed down to Tampa, FL. I lived in Tampa for 3 years enjoying the people, sand, people, atmosphere ... did i mention the people? :) During my time in Tampa I somehow stumbled into a career which is what took me up to Rochester.

I've owned every gizmo, gadget, and phone you can name. I have been a WinMo user, BB, Symbian, PalmOS, webOS, and now Android. Phones aren't my only passion though. I love hitting the mountains on my snowboard in the winter or playing around with my motorcycles in the summer. I also love spending time with my friends and my 2 English Bulldogs who I always make time to get some good sloppy kisses from.

My must have Android applications that are installed within 5 minutes of getting a device are Root Explorer (for root users), setCPU, and Tapatalk Pro. The rest of my must haves are built into Android such as Gtalk, Gmail, and email. You give me all of the above applications and I'm a happy guy. Sorry to disappoint but I'm not big into gaming so my applications may seem a little bland :p

Thanks for taking the time to read about me, and I look forward to learning about all of you!

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Mike from MI, pumped to join the android community, gadget enthusiast but not really super technical about it; I know a the stats, but I'm not a developer, heavy moder, etc. I'm just pass the time by reader about phones and stuff :)

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Jon here, this will be my second Android device. Evo was and still is a great phone but too much bloat and I've always wanted a nexus.

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey I am Dave I am a 30 year old pastor in south central Kansas and love gagets. I love to customize and mod things. My passion used to be cars but got married and am in the ministry therefor phones are a bit cheaper option at this time. I get a new phone about every 8mths all my family and friends think I;m crazy for it. I am, Tuesday, on my fourth android device rooted them all with in a week of having. Was a Blackberry guy and enjoyed building themes for BB. My last car i built was a 78 Camaro Type LT had a SB 400 loved to drag race it on the track. (attached is that car). I like a clean simple but efficient layout on my phone and it MUST look nice! (attached one of my recent home screeny) I know enough about hacking android to get my self and my friends, LOL, out of trouble, but not enough to do some of the really cool things that i would like.

Perduablo

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Perdurablo = Dreamsforgotten

Going grab my S right now, coming from/ keeping Samsung Epic. I normally post on XDA, ACS, I'm a themer/(new)Developer and can't wait to familiarize myself with the GB framework so my work can continue. Also I'm going to root and CW it today, maybe, time willing, I can deodex the rom, pack it in an update zip and pack my stock nandroid in an update zip so we can all begin to play! I'm going to have something for us by the end of the week, gods willing.

EDIT: Sup Ragnarokx! We meet again

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Whats up Nexus S 4G Family....

My name is Pierre, I'm one of the lucky few that was able to grab a Nexus S early http://www.androidcentral.com/some-sprint-stores-selling-nexus-s-4g-early-according-lucky-few

I'm from Janesville Wisconsin. I'm a officer at a high school located in Madison Wisconsin. My first Android phone was the original Droid. After that I came to sprint and grabbed the Hero. Reading all the news about the Evo 4G, I grabbed one of those Google I/O Evo's. Since then I've had numerous Evo Shifts, Epics and more Evos. I just recently had the Echo and traded that away.

Nevertheless, I think I'm going to keep this Nexus S for awhile. It's just a beast of a phone!

Last edited:

dbtabasco

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just left palm, now I'm loving my new nexus s4g. Still figuring out the new keyboard but the learning curve seems acceptable.
I'm. Tabasco and live in Seattle.

tournant

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Original Pre owner here having decided to bag it a couple of months ago. While waiting for my upgrade to kick in I've been a forum and blog surfing maniac getting up to speed on Android 101. I think vanilla is the best choice for me, being kinda OCD/tightly wrapped about how I want things set up and for now I'm not brave enough to attempt any funny stuff. I picked mine up this morning from BB - I asked for and got the $149 price even though it was an upgrade - and spent the rest of the day out with the family being feted for Mother's Day so I'm just now settling in for a late night :)

Mother's Day is a great day to launch a phone, nice & quiet in the stores, btw.

AllLacqueredUp

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm Michelle and I'm from Cleveland, Ohio. After a year and a half of hating my Samsung Moment I'm now a proud Nexus S owner. I've always felt attached to a physical keyboard having been a Palm person prior to the Moment so I'm hoping I get over that soon.

I'm a full-time blogger so when I'm not at my laptop, I'm attached to my phone. I'm really happy to have found a phone that can actually DO all the things I need it to.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm Mary from Redding, CA. I had a Palm Pre from almost the beginning and was probably one of the few that never had any trouble with the phone. My husband and I both had Pres. He decided to go with the Epic so he's still in the family. He likes the physical keyboard and I am trying my best to like the virtual one. My son and I decided on the Nexus when they first advertised it because it a pure Google phone and wanted to try something different. So far, I'm really liking it. I was at my Sprint kiosk at 11 when it opened and got the first two phones. The girl that sold them to me said that they had received many calls this morning and were expecting quite a few to go out today. It's good to know that everybody has the same feelings as we did.

stlsports

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Now! Larry from St. Louis,MO. Coming from precentral. had a pre- since right after launch. enjoying the google experience, so far.

Boilingpoint

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey I'm Dereck from Atlanta. Just have to say coming from the optimus s this phone is a dream com true. Dont need my laptop every time I want to surf the web

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Original pre owner that couldn't be happier with android and their better app selection. I might ultimately switch to the Evo depending on the release date and actually getting it in my hand to play with.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey I am Dave I am a 30 year old pastor in south central Kansas and love gagets. I love to customize and mod things. My passion used to be cars but got married and am in the ministry therefor phones are a bit cheaper option at this time. I get a new phone about every 8mths all my family and friends think I;m crazy for it. I am, Tuesday, on my fourth android device rooted them all with in a week of having. Was a Blackberry guy and enjoyed building themes for BB. My last car i built was a 78 Camaro Type LT had a SB 400 loved to drag race it on the track. (attached is that car). I like a clean simple but efficient layout on my phone and it MUST look nice! (attached one of my recent home screeny) I know enough about hacking android to get my self and my friends, LOL, out of trouble, but not enough to do some of the really cool things that i would like.

I'm a newbie on android can you tell me what app your using for the battery percent? I assume that clock widget is beautiful widget?

bostonfin

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone Tim from Wheaton, IL here. Going to pick up my nexus s 4g and two epics for the wife and daughter. Been with USCC for about 15 years since they were primeco and just can't justify overpaying anymore for crap phones. The belief plans are a joke and we will be saving 100 a month, yes 100 a month by going to Sprint. Been stalking the forums for the past few days getting info on this phone and I can't wait.

cbrisman

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I am a former Pre user, seems there are a lot of us that switched to the Nexus S 4G. had a lot of trouble with the Pre & was dissatisfied with the lack of updates which we were promised & didnt get. so far, i am very impressed with the Nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001