Went to a Samsung event tonight for the S III

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The event....nice, classy, poorly attended, music so loud you couldn't hear any of the reps saying anything about the phone.

The phone.....damn. Gotta tell you, I wasn't sold on the footprint as I thought it was too big, but after playing around with it for about 15 minutes and seeing the features.....size be damned.

The screen: Kills
Factory apps: Nice, plenty and innovative.
Performance: 3g service was OK in what was like a military bunker. Old "loft" style space that was just the Cone of Silence.
Screen movement and apps were smooth as silk. 2 g ram.
The "picture in picture" (for lack of a better term) feature was just awesome.

I could very easily be a convert when it's time next month.

bj

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I may also jump ship until I see what Moto/Sprint & JB have up their sleeves. I've got an Echo kicking around the desk drawer and I actually liked that phone...so I could easily hide there for 3-6 mos. I don't have to have the latest & greatest all the time.

But...I know the second I do that...Moto will switch the ICS update to a JB update for the Photon! LOL.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
For me, Motorola lost me as a long time customer. Always used Motorola devices but now is seems like I'll be jumping onto the SGS3 bandwagon too.
Motorola can go to hell for lying to all of us saying we were getting ICS!

Sent from my MB855 (Motorola Photon 4G World Phone) using Android Central Forums

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have 4 of the S3's in the family on 2 different carriers. My wife and I just upgraded, you won't be sorry if you go with the S3. We are with Sprint.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2