We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

Bubba Pig

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Droid Turbo for about a week. Tonight, I had it plugged into the charger when suddenly it vibrated briefly then played about eight seconds of strange music. I unplugged it. It keeps going through the same cycle every 55 seconds. Silence, vibrate, strange music. I tried shutting it off by pressing the power and volume down keys. No change. I tried pressing power and volume up together. No change. It's been running through the buzz-music cycle for about a half hour. It's Sunday evening so I can't go to a Verizon store, and I don't have another phone to call Verizon for help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! This feels like an episode of the Twilight Zone!

JeffMerr

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
How do I get different wallpapers from my background? Do I just find the picture and try to resize it? I'd like to find some cool space related ones and some sports ones. Where/how do you guys get yours? I'm referring to regular ones btw not the active ones. Thanks!

Lindsay Butler

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Please Help! My boss just got the Turbo and is having issues clearing out his missed calls. Every time he gets a missed call and checks it, the phone dials that person.
Also, his voicemail icon does not reflect a new voicemail - it used to pop up with a little one in a red circle on the icon itself but now the only way he can see he has a voicemail on the home screen is the icon on top left. Is this just one of those quirky things or can he actually fix it?
I'm a Samsung Galaxy girl so I'm trying my best to help him with the new phone, but there seem to be a lot of these weird little quirks.

Thanks!

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
How do I get different wallpapers from my background? Do I just find the picture and try to resize it? I'd like to find some cool space related ones and some sports ones. Where/how do you guys get yours? I'm referring to regular ones btw not the active ones. Thanks!
Play store is the easiest. You can search for almost any theme wallpaper.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

No, you can't just get a picture and resize it and have it work as wallpaper. Been there, failed at doing it.

Get this app from the Play Store and install it:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.shirobakama.wallpaper&hl=en&token=n8UywAPW

Download and save space related and sports related images you find on the internet to your phone. Use the Image 2 Wallpaper app to crop and center the downloaded photo and set it as your wallpaper.

Note: I have used Wallpaper Wizardri for these purposes but find Image 2 Wallpaper faster and easier to use.

One place to go and get lots of wallpaper is Zedge.

Download free wallpapers for your mobile phone | Zedge

You can get the Zedge app on the Play store and download wallpapers directly to your phone, or else browse the site on your PC, download wallpapers and transfer them to your phone.

BabyBrwneyez

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I love my phone. Had it for 4 days so far. I ended up getting the Ballistic Nylon model. Trying to think if exchanging from the note 4 was a bad choice. Not like I can exchange back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Colleen J

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone hanging trouble with heat. Super hot when charging. Heat when using internet, some games. Really? To the point it is uncomfortable. Two days old.

Also went doesn't the phone return to home screen after use?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don Slyrocks

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
On the new Droid Turbo which was just released last week, Photos received in Email will not save to gallery. If you highlight a photo received in email, you will see three red buttons at the top right of the photo. Click on that and you will get options reading save, save all, share and share all. The save and save all functions do not work. You can not save to gallery or anywhere else on the phone.
In the Text function, if you receive a photo and highlight the photo, a message options box pops up and the last option is save attached to gallery.

Why can't you do this in email? This is a very important task and it does not work. I just got back from Verizon and nobody there could explain and it did not work on any of their phones either. We think it is a software glitch.

Got any answers???

NameNotFound

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone hanging trouble with heat. Super hot when charging. Heat when using internet, some games. Really? To the point it is uncomfortable. Two days old.

(1) Are you using the turbo charger? When I use the turbo charger, my phone does get quite warm/hot. When I use the charger from my old Droid MAXX, there isn't an issue. I think that the phone will get hot when you charge it quickly vs when you charge it at a "normal/slow" pace.

(2) How long are you using the browser/games before it gets warm? My phone starts to get really warm after about 20 minutes playing games, but this is something that I'm used to since owning the Razr Maxx.

If you think it's a defect, go to a Verizon store and test out a display phone. If there is a considerable difference, you're within your 14-day return window, I would just tell the Verizon rep yours is defective and swap out for a different one.

Chiquinholoco

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
i ve got a question about the video recording and droid turbo's 4 mics.

While recording videos, does droid turbo use the 4 mics for noise cancelation?

Im a lumia 930 owner and it does a good job recording external audio thanks to its 4 mics, and some hardware filter (bass, etc). But the battery life is a drag and im looking for buying the droid turbo

Thanks

smile4cmd

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded to the Android Turbo from a Window 8 phone. My old phone allowed my to LINK contacts because google and Facebook logged two separate contact. It also diplayed the FB profile pic or google+ pic for each contact. Two questions. 1. How do I get the profile pics to downlaod/display. 2. Can I synch contacts? Noticed from the dialer both contact will show, but in "PEOPLE" they do not. why the difference?

Janet Langston

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Droid turbo & fitness trackers

I love my TURBO, but sadly my UP24 is not compatible. Checked and neither is the Fitbit or the Garmin tracker. Does anyone know of a wireless fitness tracker that will work with the Android version 4.4.4?

Robert Mccray

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

Question!!! Just got the turbo after owning the maxx. How do I add more homescreens and make the center one the actual homescreen, not the far left one. Thanks

almondman

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
It appears that you can not have the center screen as the home screen. But you can add screens to the right by having at least one icon on each screen. Just move an icon from the last screen to the right and you will get another screen. 😀😀

Robert Mccray

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay. I dont like that. Having my home screen as the center one was one reason why I loved my maxx over some other droids that have their screens setup like whats on the turbo. Oh well, cant get everything in one package i guess

gqskrub

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay. I dont like that. Having my home screen as the center one was one reason why I loved my maxx over some other droids that have their screens setup like whats on the turbo. Oh well, cant get everything in one package i guess

You could always use a different launcher. Nova and Action (amongst others) allow you to customize this.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny