What app to use to BU data and app from old phone ?

billyjoebob007

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Whatta pia, i wish i had root on this s7e and i can just use titanium and be done with transferring my apps with data over. My note 3 is rooted and the samsung smart switch is installed but smart switch is not compatible on the s7e ? Watttt ? I have tried my backup pro,go backup and restore pro,super backup pro, and helium. THey all say i can not restore the data in my s7e cause its not rooted ? Watttt ? Helium for some reason it works great on the note but when i installed it on the s7e it wants me to connect to pc to enable app bu by connecting to the helium desktop app. Wattt ? didnt have to do that at all when using on the note3. Anyway, the helium app opens but its not recognizing the folder with the backups. I put the carbon folder in the internal and sd card storage but app says no backups were found on internal and theres no setting to toggle it to look on external storage ! Gerrrrrr................
Gee what other apps are there that Will werk ? :confused:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Apps cannot read/write to folders that they do not have permissions for on micro SD cards in Marshmallow. Have you tried using the desktop app as suggested?

billyjoebob007

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Apps cannot read/write to folders that they do not have permissions for on micro SD cards in Marshmallow. Have you tried using the desktop app as suggested?

Smart switch to desktop ? I just downloaded it. working on that now.

* No dice. "smart switch pc has stopped working" and "usb connection not supported". 1st time i had note3 connected as ptp, tried with mtp smart switch app main screen pops up but still closes/stops working. Also tried usb 3.0 and nada :(

* Also tried different usb cable and different ports, Grrrrr.....

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
First smart switch works. I used that from my note to my s7edge a few days ago. My note 3 wasn5rooted though.

Second helium requires some adb stuff from the pc if you are not rooted. So that makes sense if you understood how helium works.

My suggestion would be to download all needed stuff for adb and use helium and follow the directions.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45