What are you doing with your old phone?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think almost everyone is coming from an old phone to the Mate 9. I have my 6P. I don't know if I should sell it for a little money or keep it. Not sure what I would do with it. It's a little bit of a pain to swap the SIM card back and forth because I have to contact AT&T with the IMEI each time. I wouldn't do that on a regular basis. I wouldn't prefer it for the camera, the Mate's camera is very good. I have sold all my previous phones but it seems like I don't get much money.

Any creative ideas?

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Not much is better than nothing, wanna buy my LG V20? :D

That's weird about the EMEI thing...I have AT&T as well and have had up to 5 phones cycling...never had to call AT&T for anything?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Always keep a backup phone.

Left at&t contract for the $40/mo noplan gophone. switching between iPhone Samsung Note and S series never needed to contact att to activate phone.

Derek W1

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm on Cricket which is the same as AT&T and I switch between my Honor 8 and Mate 9 pro without having to call. I like to have a back up phone just in case something happens, you could just keep the 6P as a back up.

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
My wife had the HTC One M9. I took that back from her and gave her my old Galaxy Note 5, which t her is a huge upgrade. She's liking that more.

I sold the HTC phone for $90 and I was surprised I got that much for it because it wasnt in the best of shape.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I think almost everyone is coming from an old phone to the Mate 9. I have my 6P. I don't know if I should sell it for a little money or keep it. Not sure what I would do with it. It's a little bit of a pain to swap the SIM card back and forth because I have to contact AT&T with the IMEI each time. I wouldn't do that on a regular basis. I wouldn't prefer it for the camera, the Mate's camera is very good. I have sold all my previous phones but it seems like I don't get much money.

Any creative ideas?

I'm in the same boat right now. Bought a 6P new in October and also have a Note 5. I want to get rid of one of them because I have the Mate 9 now. Just can't decide which one I like more to keep or just get rid of them both. If I sell them both I will make my mate 9 money back. But something tells me I should keep the Note 5 because I have gear VR. But having the last official Nexus is also intriguing to me.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
For now my IP7+ is being used as my gaming phone. Just can't beat IOS for gaming beauty.
I did pick up a New (yes brand new) Note4 so I'd could keep using my Gear S when the need arises (I'll be so glad when Tmobile gets Dash up and going). I sold my LgV10.

So I'm down to 3 phones for now. I'll be picking up the S8 +/pro later and holding on to the N4 for one of the kids when...when they break their phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey