What battery problem??

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
42bcf2b9-d399-d3bd.jpg
I will post a screenshot of my use of my galaxy nexus. Right now I'm at 31 percent battery left with 12 hours device on. I'm a pretty heavy user as well. I barely leave my phone idle. I don't know the extended battery has done a really good job for me.
42bcf2b9-d3b4-7189.jpg

42bcf2b9-d3c6-e6af.jpg

Sent using axne1's
Beastly Galaxy Nexus Prime!

Last edited:

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
my android os goes crazy, i am sick of posts like yours because you are assuming every phone is EXACTLY like yours. they are not.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
my android os goes crazy, i am sick of posts like yours because you are assuming every phone is EXACTLY like yours. they are not.

Just don't read the evidence then. Don't try to ruin my day just because your phone sucks and mines doesn't. what a troll!

Sent using axne1's

mundyb

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just judging from the greatly reduced number of "I hate my Android's battery life!" posts, I decided to get the Nexus. This is my 5th Android handset, starting from the Moto Droid 1, I also have the Galaxy Tab and a Xoom. I will have to say that the Nexus has, by far, the best battery life of any Android phone I've owned. And I had a serious beef with the battery life on each of the other handsets.

Cell reception has neither improved, or gotten worse, where I live and work. I don't use 4G (and I can't see what the fuss is all about, how fast do you really need to download that podcast), and my use case hasn't really changed through all the phones. Today being day 3 I just kept checking the battery all day to make sure I wasn't being lied to, and that it would suddenly be telling me I needed to connect a charger right away. I was pleasantly surprised all day at how well it held out.

It seems clear that the Nexus is a step in the right direction for battery life in the Android world. Is it possible that all batteries are not created equal? Most likely. But again, judging from the relative silence in the battery complaint department, I'd say Samsung has done something right.

(you must forgive my being a bit petulant about 4G, it seems to be cropping up all around me but not close enough for me to get to play with it :'( )

Reactions: axne1

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

That's a bit harsh don't you think? He never said everyone's phone was like his. He just pointed out that he gets great battery life.

Reactions: axne1

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank you guys very much I was simply trying to describe the pleasurable experience I'm having with my phone. I understand that other phones have problems mines just happened to be running good that's what I was trying to show. I actually have seen better battery stats on nexus phones. I'm just kinda happy that I am seeing less complaints about the battery.

Sent using axne1's

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not pleased at all with the battery life on my phone. My fiance's iPhone is a good example of a smartphone battery life that is phenomenal. Just saying... But delighted to hear some people are excited with a phone that lasts half a day! 12hrs= half a day. Don't want to be sitting next to a wall to use my damn phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
6c111bb1-27e4-64bd.jpg
6c111bb1-27ec-b3de.jpg

The first 1 is my girlfriend's galaxy nexus from canada and the second 1 is mine on Verizon

gsxraddict

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not pleased at all with the battery life on my phone. My fiance's iPhone is a good example of a smartphone battery life that is phenomenal. Just saying... But delighted to hear some people are excited with a phone that lasts half a day! 12hrs= half a day. Don't want to be sitting next to a wall to use my damn phone.

IPhone could make me breakfast and give me a massage and I would still drop it in a toilet...just sayin...lol

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
IPhone could make me breakfast and give me a massage and I would still drop it in a toilet...just sayin...lol

Siri is supposed to be able to do those things with the iPhone 5... as well as slap your smart ass mouth... jk wanted to write a dumb comeback

Reactions: gsxraddict

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Ya between 12 and 14 hours is good enough for me. I don't know anybody who stays up 24 hours, let alone use your phone for 24 hours straight. So yeah I think between 12 and 14 hours is phenomenal battery power IMO. :)

Sent using axne1's

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Ya between 12 and 14 hours is good enough for me. I don't know anybody who stays up 24 hours, let alone use your phone for 24 hours straight. So yeah I think between 12 and 14 hours is phenomenal battery power IMO. :)

Sent using axne1's

Out all day... party all night. Phone is definitely dying tonight!

ether813_ix

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
i get 15 to 16 hours and am satisfied...i always wonder why people complain about the phone not going 24 hours or so...i wanna complain, why dont people just plug it into the charger when they go to sleep...

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i get 15 to 16 hours and am satisfied...i always wonder why people complain about the phone not going 24 hours or so...i wanna complain, why dont people just plug it into the charger when they go to sleep...

My thoughts exactly. People need a learn how to use android instead of blaming their phones. There's always a way to make something better on your device. Yeah like plug in the damn thing in:D

Sent using axne1's

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
i wasnt trolling. i just hate when i see posts like this that infer that there isnt an issue with the androidOS taking battery. there is an issue on quite a few phones. saying that the OP didnt post that isnt true, just look at the title.

ive been working on getting the battery drain less but i would like to not cripple my phone by turning a bunch of crap off.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to know if there is an issue with certain phones and the OS usage. My OS currently says 23% usage CPU Total 26m 29s Keep Awake 1h 28m 57s. My friend has a Nexus and his OS total floats around 10-13%. Mine was using upwards of 30% so I decided I'd do a factory restore since I know that would be VZW first suggestion.

I want to take my phone back and tell them to give me another one but that seems pointless if it's just going to be the same OS usage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wengelgenene