What case for your Nexus S 4G?

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
the Sprint store where I ALMOST got my Nexus tonight had a really nice case & holster combo, sprint label, for $25. If bb doesn't have it on sunday, I'll pick one up from there, I think.

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
the Sprint store where I ALMOST got my Nexus tonight had a really nice case & holster combo, sprint label, for $25. If bb doesn't have it on sunday, I'll pick one up from there, I think.

Fyi, my Sprint store had 4 cases for the Nexus, so yours should have more.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm still waiting to hear if the incipio feather case is going to work. Never heard of incipio but that case looks nice. Hopefully someone gives it a shot soon and provides some feedback.

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting to hear if the incipio feather case is going to work. Never heard of incipio but that case looks nice. Hopefully someone gives it a shot soon and provides some feedback.

I was looking at that feather case too, but it looks like it leaves the top and bottom of the phone exposed. Seems as those two spots would need the most protection if dropped.

*edit - This kid does a nice little review on the Incipio Case on the Nexus> YouTube

Last edited:

darealm

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Pre- and have this case:
3405WW_300x300.jpg

Is there something similar for the Nexus?

I liked this case because I it was slim and I didn't need to install any screen protectors and protected the phone really well (while it was in the case at least)

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, why doesn't Otterbox make a case for this phone? That's the one thing holding me back from buying it, I love the Defender cases.

mtbykr

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, why doesn't Otterbox make a case for this phone? That's the one thing holding me back from buying it, I love the Defender cases.

Only a guess, but I think it's because of the curved screen. They had a defender 'coming out soon' and then did away with it. I guess they couldn't get around the screen.

Just a guess though

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Only a guess, my I think it's because of the curved screen. They had a defender 'coming out soon' and then did away with it. I guess they couldn't get around the screen.

Just a guess though

Im gonna agree. I would assume its easier than the slide out on the epic though. It took them a while but they got a commuter case out. I dont see it being that hars.

If you dont want the port covers or the screen overlay i live the active x on the eoic. Only ptoblem i have are ttr clips breaking. But that wouldnt ve a problem with the nexus.

Ive droppes it several times on the conrete floor. No issues.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
O amd i personally like the rubber that seidio uses over otterbox. And the sofr touch on the plastic.

Otterbox does the trick but they feel and sound like a creeky old pirate ship.

dpheckman

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the the gel cover at the Sprint store on Friday. I'm sure it was over priced, but I was buying the phone off-contract, so it didn't really seem like that big of a deal (plus the Sprint employee didn't charge me an activation fee on the phone...)

With the exception of the bump at the base of the phone, it is still slimmer that the Hero that I just upgraded from. Taking it on and off the phone for the past couple days, I feel that the extra bulk that it adds is more than acceptable for the protection that it will provide. I never had one for my Hero, and while it has held up reasonably well it definitely has battle scars. Even with the case it still feels smaller than my friends EVO and all of the uncased Epics that I've seen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174