What case for your Nexus S 4G?

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my Nexus + a case from sprint and the case is really nice! its like a TPU(harder silicone gel) case. Cost 25, honestly i feel ripped off. I might return and pitching more $ for a siedeo

Last edited by a moderator:

JewishMatt

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my Nexus + a case from sprint and the case is really nice! its like a TPU(harder silicone gel) case. Cost 25, honestly i feel jewed. I might return and pitching more $ for a siedeo

Yeah, you got ripped off. There are better cases for less on Amazon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

blu8503

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my Nexus + a case from sprint and the case is really nice! its like a TPU(harder silicone gel) case. Cost 25, honestly i feel jewed. I might return and pitching more $ for a siedeo
Wife and I both bought a nexus s but those cases were a rip, we payed $5 a piece for ours on ebay and I think i still might have overpaid cause i saw packs of 5 colors going for $10

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I didn't like the one case bestbuy had so I'm going to wait a day or two and see some reviews lets hope I don't drop it in the meantime.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to find it online. do all bestbuys sell them? Do you happen to know sku or a picture of it?

thanks

Here you go this is the UPC from the package

42575c20-fcb7-9581.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i went with the invisible shield dry install. i dont mind the feel like so many others do so its not biggie for me but the phone doesnt increase in size at all. I might grab a kickstand case at some point but not sure yet. But im loving the size. Two more weeks til i can put it on my account then ill prob be selling my epic. I will miss the game gripper though

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone pulled the trigger on the Incipio Feather Case? I know the rep said it wasn't made for/wouldn't fit the Nexus S 4G, but I want him to be wrong. My crappy TPU-like case from Amazon is way to tight and is causing issues with the power button (Hard to press the power button, way to easy to press the volume buttons). So I think that 1mm might be enough to give me this issue.

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone pulled the trigger on the Incipio Feather Case? I know the rep said it wasn't made for/wouldn't fit the Nexus S 4G, but I want him to be wrong. My crappy TPU-like case from Amazon is way to tight and is causing issues with the power button (Hard to press the power button, way to easy to press the volume buttons). So I think that 1mm might be enough to give me this issue.

I just ordered it, i'll post when i receive it in the mail.

-j-

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered it, i'll post when i receive it in the mail.

-j-

Sweet. I might just order it, need a case on this thing, feels too light. I saw on Phandroid that the Seidio Rep posted something about cases for the S 4G. Item code is the same as for the regular S, so i'm thinking/hoping, this should be the same for most case manufacturers.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
edited down from post i made in another thread:

nexus is 7.2mm too wide for atrix case, otherwise, it'd fit.

124.0 x 63.0 x 11 mm Nexus
117.8 x 63.5 x 11 mm Atrix

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Sweet. I might just order it, need a case on this thing, feels too light. I saw on Phandroid that the Seidio Rep posted something about cases for the S 4G. Item code is the same as for the regular S, so i'm thinking/hoping, this should be the same for most case manufacturers.

Ordered from Cellpower.com, total was $16.17 shipped for the Black Incipio Feather Case. Coupon code 10OFF works, for 10% off.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ordered from Cellpower.com, total was $16.17 shipped for the Black Incipio Feather Case. Coupon code 10OFF works, for 10% off.

should work.

dimensions from the www:

124.0 x 63.0 x 11.00mm Nexus 4g
123.9 x 63.0 x 10.88mm Nexus S

**ports for voice/audio/usb may be very different**

automatous

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you look at Sprint's page for the Nexus S 4G and Google's page for the Nexus S, the dimensions are identical except the Nexus S 4G weighs 2 grams more than the Nexus S.

I recall reading in an Engadget hands-on post at CTIA that the Nexus S 4G was .3 mm thicker than the original, which is the thickness of a business card. That same post however noted that the Nexus S 4G hardware was not final.

Based on what I'm seeing, I think it's fair to assume that most, if not all, Nexus S cases will fit the Nexus S 4G. I look forward to everyone's impression of the Incipio Feather Case in the near future as that will likely be my choice.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If I do anything it will be a ZAGG for the screen surface. I think it really needs it for glare alone, let alone protection. I can hardly read it in sunlight.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If I do anything it will be a ZAGG for the screen surface. I think it really needs it for glare alone, let alone protection. I can hardly read it in sunlight.

Zagg is WAY overrated! Ghost armor is the way to go. Much smoother, no yellowing effect, and lasts longer IMO.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk