What data speeds are you getting?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
And that's the problem people have with T-Mo. If you live in a populated area it's usually pretty good coverage (I haven't been anywhere with no service, but I have dropped down to EDGE quite a few times), if you live in a big city you have excellent coverage (I've never heard anyone complain about T-Mo that lives in Chicago or another large city), but if you're not in those two groups you're screwed.

And yes it does suck that HSPA+ has so many levels that they will have 3-4 different tiers of speeds for phones. We have a battery life advantage over LTE and WIMAX right now, while they have a (in the future) bandwidth advantage.

If T-Mo could get coverage up all over the place they could make a major comeback in the carrier wars.

perfectseoul

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So...anyone with any more recent speed tests on their MT4G? I tried one out at a store in Santa Clara, CA (trying to decide whether to go with T-mo or Sprint) but I walked away disappointed. I ran the speed test on the store's devices and I was generally only seeing 2.5-3 MBps.

Despite what everyone says about AT&T, it was only marginally faster than what I get on my iPhone.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
?? Depends where you are....you won't get 4G everywhere, and you wont get the same 4G speeds everywhere. Did you verify what network data was using?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So...anyone with any more recent speed tests on their MT4G? I tried one out at a store in Santa Clara, CA (trying to decide whether to go with T-mo or Sprint) but I walked away disappointed. I ran the speed test on the store's devices and I was generally only seeing 2.5-3 MBps.

Despite what everyone says about AT&T, it was only marginally faster than what I get on my iPhone.

Only? That's plenty fast.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

T-mobile isn't as built-out out there. I'm actually sort of surprised you're getting speeds anywhere near that on your iPhone; mine would hover around 600kbps to 1 mbps.

As for T-mobile's network, today I hit a high of 6.9 mbps down and 600 kbps up. I usually hover right around 3-4 mbps though.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why I keep getting such I high number, I do know that the tower is a half mile away.
Ed. Here is another site: Download Speed: 7.17Mbps Upload Speed: 0.43Mbps

Last edited:

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm at Giordano's right by Midway International Airport and the fatest I've gotten was 6.31mnps which isn't what I was expecting.

Last edited:

gunkthruster

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from AT&T - from Iphone4. I'm loving the data speeds so far. I get 5.5Mbps down and 2Mbps up - here in Seattle. Much better than what I was getting with ATT.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Holy ****! I just hit over 8 mbps. Now they just need to work on the upload speeds, because it was a piddling 500kbps in the same test. This is craziness! T-mobile needs to be shouting it from the rooftops that its 4G is the fastest on the market and doesn't need crazy new battery-sucking hardware to get it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I will definitely agree with about the upload speeds. Although I will say that pictures upload faster to Facebook and in emails so I'm wondering if it's better than the speedtest says.

RTV

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Best I've gotten, NE Cincinnati:
29745271.png

2-4 Mb is the usual I get here.

Mateen

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
In my office I get about 600 Kb down & 800 KB up with "H" and full bar.
T-Mobile says It is normal although this location shows solid reception on their map.
not a happy camper.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103