What if I connect phones on both side of 2 in 1 OTG Adapter and plug in mouse?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want know if I connected phones on both side of 2 in 1 OTG Adapter.
[I am not able to share link of the image here]
And then plug in mouse, will the mouse be able to control both the devices?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Can you plug a mouse into two computers? What happens if you do?

It's just a mouse and not likely to cause any kind of issues as you can plug two phones into one USB and the most that usually happens is the one with higher charge begins charging the lower charged device. Not always but usually. What I'm saying is try it.

Anyway, consider what you're asking. How would the device or the mouse know which click is for the left device and which is for the right device? Simply looking from one to the other doesn't tell the mouse which device is the focus of attention. So let's consider that a cursor appears on both screens and you scrolled up to something you wanted to open on one device the mouse is likely moving on the other screen as well and both will accept the same input so anything on the non-focus device will do the same as on the focus device. Again try it but it isn't likely to work well.

To receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

It would help us if we had more information including a screenshot. This link will help you show us that… https://forums.androidcentral.com/g...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Can you plug a mouse into two computers? What happens if you do?

It's just a mouse and not likely to cause any kind of issues as you can plug two phones into one USB and the most that usually happens is the one with higher charge begins charging the lower charged device. Not always but usually. What I'm saying is try it.

Anyway, consider what you're asking. How would the device or the mouse know which click is for the left device and which is for the right device? Simply looking from one to the other doesn't tell the mouse which device is the focus of attention. So let's consider that a cursor appears on both screens and you scrolled up to something you wanted to open on one device the mouse is likely moving on the other screen as well and both will accept the same input so anything on the non-focus device will do the same as on the focus device. Again try it but it isn't likely to work well.

To receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

It would help us if we had more information including a screenshot. This link will help you show us that… https://forums.androidcentral.com/g...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
That's funny. I know someone who carries two laptops. He uses two mice: one mouse for each laptop.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Until the OP can share the details of what specific 2in1 cable/adapter was being referred to, we might not be able to accurately answer. Some of the 2in1 OTG cables/adapters I have seen are about being able to plug it into a phone/tablet for then USB host capabilities (like for connecting a wired mouse or keyboard, or a thumb drive), while then also plugging in a power source, to simultaneously also charge the device. In that case, the one female end of the cable/adapter might only be for accepting power and it might not work for connecting a second phone, and connecting a second phone maybe only possible via the main USB-A female port, in which case that second phone I don't think would end up in host mode.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez