What if the Revolution comes first?

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
(pun intended, given that we're being such good consumers)

Would you think about the Revolution now that it's through the FCC, and some sites are reporting that the Revolution might be out before the Thunderbolt? I'd be fine with it myself. LG's stepped up their game, the specs are comparable, and it won't have a locked bootloader.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
First, I highly doubt that this will happen. People have said HTC was told they would be the first LTE phone to market and that there is some agreement to that affect. Whether that is true, who knows.

I wouldn't mind the Revolution, but I really don't think the Thunderbolt would be too far behind so I'd just wait because it does have a few specs that are a little better than the Revolution.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm extremely happy with my Dinc so my next phone will be an HTC no matter which phone comes out first. And I highly doubt that the Revolution would come out before the Thunderbolt.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's own site says the first VZW LTE device will be the ThunderBolt. That's something they won't be removing from the site unless the TB isn't coming at all.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Isn't one of the reasons why the 'Bolt is delayed again is because if the LTE network? That would apply to the Revolution too.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Isn't one of the reasons why the 'Bolt is delayed again is because if the LTE network? That would apply to the Revolution too.

No one really knows why the TB is delayed were all just guessing. But your right if it is the network then no LG.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you read BMX's tweets in order you kinda get the feeling that its the network, not the phone thats holding up the Thunderbolt.
Been workng... lot to do. Will address Tony's comments later.. device is fine.. LTE issues are small nuggles that aren't network wide
Teams are doing the needful to get it fixed and hopefully will be ready by expected launch date..may say the dreaded. "Delay" word?? Nah
Let's not all freak out.. bolt people. Just keeping it real. Wouldn't be the first time we have gone to the wire on launches..
Ideas like 4g enabled after launch/ limited rollout/ etc been explored. hope is none will be needed. Not airing dirty laundry as to reasons
Look at it this way. all the other device launches will be smooth thanks to this embarrassing BS... verizon owes apologies to best buy n htc
Love my team.. but for major markets not to be ready is appalling. Socal is done but others aren't?? Half the teams beefing up cdma for??

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I think the TBolt will be first (too much marketing and claims saying that it will be). I think the better question is who's going to be second. My wish is the Bionic. But, we've seen indications that the Revolution and Stealth seem to be coming up, and nothing on the Bionic. My hope was to have the TBolt and Bionic out so I could compare them side-by-side myself to figure out which way to go. I don't have much interest in the others, although the Samsung's screen looks great.

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't have a problem with it releasing in SoCal first since it ready, but I am a little biased since I live in SoCal LOL! But that would not be fair to anyone else!

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I would strongly consider the Revolution if they came out around the same time. I'm more deadset for the Thunderbolt than anything else. The Rev looks like a solid device, I sworn off Samsung for awhile, and Motorola will probably not get my business for a bit.