What is Draining your Note4 Battery?

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Dear All,
Please post how you discovered what is draining your battery and what you did to stop it...
Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Exchange services and I have not figured out how to handle it yet. I have tried a bunch of stuff to get it under control but to no avail.

Okay I think I finally got this sucker nailed! Man was this pissing me off, it was seriously hammering my battery,wakelock central So what I did was first a factory reset, sucks but needed to be done and this device is brand new so no biggie really. Then I installed an app called CloudMagic Email from the Play store. This handles active exchange like a fricken dream! Im back in love with the device all over again. Bye bye Exchange Services hello battery life!

Last edited:

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
try greenify..... it stops background activity of the apps that you select..... worth trying it... Have you used All-In-One App? just try it to cleaning the junck, it has got lot more to offer.. just expore ur self and if anything prooved to improve? just let us know
Thanks...

Nodesurfer

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings 》battery and see what the top battery draining app you have is. I found that mine was the PayPal app, at 31%, despite the fact that I didn't have it I open. I HAD used it briefly a couple of days ago, but exited it and it was not showing in my open apps...and yet, it was using my battery. Everything else seemed to be showing normal usage.

I went into the app data for PayPal, cleared the cache and data, and did a force stop on it. I will watch it and see now and if it does it again I'll try an uninstall and reinstall.

So what is your top battery using app?

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
HELLO GUYS,
In android for a week and was finding all means to stop battery drain... Previously i mentioned about all-in-one app which is proved to be a battery drainer too.. what i understood is, if u downlad any app for cleaning automatically? it is gonna drain your battery no matter what...... so keep away the apps which work in the background.. like wallpaper changer, cleaners like CClenaer, All-in-one, anti virus apps, all are battery drainers......
At last i have got two apps, SD Maid(Pro Paid)-whcih cleans all the trash that left behind by any app and app cache.
Greenify-which stops all the background activity of the apps when u r not using them and when your screen turns off, it automatically close all background apps running. very useful and its free.
Last but not least.. keep ur cellular network in 3g mode rather than LTE. It will save lots of your battery.
Switch off all the unnecessary gesture controls, "ok google" etc which you wont use regularly...
If any one find any better tools or apps, please share,
Thanks All..

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had such a situation.. Try these steps and see if it brings any changes..
1)settings-data-restrict the background data usage for each app which you won't use frequently.
Do it for WiFi and Data.
2)keep cellular network in cdma&gsm rather than LTE
3)downlaof greenify and restrict apps background data by hibernating.. In settings you will find an option to keep apps in hibernation when screen is off..
4)download sdmaid if possible get a pro version and clean apps cache and unwanted files and folders..
After doing this? If you find anything helpful? Just let us know.
Thanks.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Android system 25% I can't stop it

IF you are using the built in battery monitor read out, that is 25% of the total used, not of the battery its self. So if you only had the Android system running, and nothing else, it would be 100%. You want to look for things using MORE than or Close to more than the big 3 (system, screen, and OS)

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
IF you are using the built in battery monitor read out, that is 25% of the total used, not of the battery its self. So if you only had the Android system running, and nothing else, it would be 100%. You want to look for things using MORE than or Close to more than the big 3 (system, screen, and OS)

Should android system be using 25% of what is being lost?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Should android system be using 25% of what is being lost?

Depends on how much screen time you have. If you're using your device a lot, screen time should always be the #1 user of battery. But if you just unplug the phone and go to work and don't touch it until you go home, then yeah Android System could easily be 25% or much higher and that would be acceptable. For me, my issue has been Google Play Services. It's always climbing up higher and higher and I just can't seem to discover what's causing it. I've checked GPS settings and wiped cache partition and it still gives me headaches. I'm fine with Android system and the OS stuff using battery, but Google Play Services should never be as high as i've been seeing on mine. Even with low screen on time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp