What is the latest official firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2

gurpreet786

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I have 2.3.3 its there any new firmware available for indian samsung galaxy s2 ?
I mean official from india samsung. If yes howe to update ad when I connect using samsung kies it does not any update ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Duggald

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, the latest through Kies is 2.3.5 in some countries.

Just keep connecting every now and then, should pop-up when it's available on your network.

mredfern79

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I have 2.3.3 its there any new firmware available for indian samsung galaxy s2 ?
I mean official from india samsung. If yes howe to update ad when I connect using samsung kies it does not any update ?

For the latest official firmware go to sammobile.com/firmware.

Or for a more comprehensive and understandable list check out tge carrier branded and non carrier branded firmware threads by intratech on xda.

You don't have to stick to official roms. You could choose the latest XWKK5 firmware and flash with a csc for your region.
This will give you the latest and in my experience smoothest and most stable rom samsung have released

Reactions: Jasraja

Jasraja

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I am newbie and want to learn about flashing. I have some basic questions. Will I be able to take a backup of all my phone data and apps; and then restore it on the flashed ROM. Which software should be used for taking backup and flashing? Where can I find a csc file for my country? Is rooting required for this? Will flashing devoid my phone warranty? And any other thing which I am missing...
Thanx in advance :)

mredfern79

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I am newbie and want to learn about flashing. I have some basic questions. Will I be able to take a backup of all my phone data and apps; and then restore it on the flashed ROM. Which software should be used for taking backup and flashing? Where can I find a csc file for my country? Is rooting required for this? Will flashing devoid my phone warranty? And any other thing which I am missing...
Thanx in advance :)

The only software I know that will take a full backup of your apps and their data is titanium backup. To use this app you need root.
If you have enabled the option Google will automatically back up your apps and some settings like wifi access points. When you sign back in on a new phone it should automatically start downloading these apps. You should note any app data ie game progress settings will be lost as there not backed up by google.
If you have not enabled Googles back up service any paid apps will still be available for you to re download as will any non paid be available to download it will just be a manual process.

Intratech will note on each firmware if it is wipe and gives instructions on how to use odin. If a firmware is not a wipe then you won't loose any data by flashing. His thread is here Instructions are in the first post, don't worry about flashing an insecure kernel unless you want to get root access.
Scroll down to the frankenstein firmwares and you'll find XWKK5. Look through the thread for the CSC packages and find the one for your region. Download this, the XWKK5 firmware and Odin follow the instructions on how to use odin. Doing this won't give you root.
Before you start type *#1234# on your phones keypad. This will show you the firmware (phone/PDA) Modem (baseband) and CSC package currently installed. I suggest you download this too and keep safe on you pc. You can then use this to flash back to where you are now.

With regard to your warranty these firmware are releases from Samsung, so flashing these is no different to Kies giving you an update, just without the endless wait. A lot of people say getting root access will void your warranty. For me the jury is still out on this. I know a few people that have been able to get hardware faults repaired under warranty with root. It's also worth noting Samusng supported the CM7 porting project for the Galaxy S2. This indicates an openness from them regarding root access. I think the golden question is.. Did getting root on your phone break it, or something you did since getting root break it?

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Jasraja

Jasraja

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for the much detailed description. I will try this very soon and post back about the happenings.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just curious but is there an issue with flashing a CSC from a different region? Will it break your phone or will it just mean you'll have to be happy with what every settings/configs/software comes from that region?

Given I imported my unlocked phone (it's from Chile) but live in NA, the Chilean setting really don't mean much for me. I just need a CSC that has english as a language option. But, is the CSC locked to the hardware?

gsainath4u

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I have received the official update to 2.3.6 a few days back.
I have connected to Kies and it showed that there is an update I9100XWKL1 and this is official from Samsung India.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci