What is wrong with my Moto G6 Plus?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hey Guys,

My Moto G6 Plus won't turn on anymore. I couldn't charge it two days ago, so it ran out of juice. Then I charged it yesterday, knowing it could take a few minutes before it actually takes a charge.

Nothing.

Since I've tried charging with three cables from countless outlets, be they wall- or usb. My phone has not shown any sign of life since, except being recognised as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3)" in the device manager of my laptop and being shown as a device of that name via the Win10-notifications on my PC.

AFAIK this seems to be an indication of a hard brick. However, I have not messed around with the software at all. It is dead-stock and worked fine until it ran out of juice.

I appreciate all help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You only waited a few minutes? A battery drained to zero might take a few hours before the phone can even be powered on. Leave it plugged into a wall outlet for at least 6 hours undisturbed, and then try again. And avoid letting any device battery discharge deeply on a regular basis -- that's a good way to shorten the battery's lifespan significantly. Make it a habit to start charging when you reach about 30%.

Chris_Rock88

Jul 8, 2019
Visit site
Hey B.Diddy,
First of all; thanks for the swift reply. I should have worded it more clearly. What I should have written would be: "Since I've tried charging with three cables from countless outlets, be they wall- or usb, for several hours. The phone was plugged into its factory charger overnight and all chargers and outlets have been cross-checked with other devices and were working fine."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that doesn't sound too good.:( First, try pressing and holding Power for about 20 seconds, then wait a few seconds, and then try powering on again normally. This is just in case the phone is actually frozen on a blank screen (which could also make it seem completely dead -- pressing and holding Power is an attempt to force a shutdown). If it still doesn't turn on, then the battery might have completely failed. You'd have to bring it to a repair shop. If the phone is still under warranty, you could try contacting Lenovo, but I think warranty claims for failed batteries can be tricky, since the manufacturer might claim the battery deteriorated due to wear and tear.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
As B. Diddy said, holding the power button down for some time is well worth trying, another option is to hold the power button down + the volume down or sometimes up at the same time for a minute, this has worked on some Samsung devices. Good luck.

PS. Try these options with the charger connected.

Chris_Rock88

Jul 8, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Kodak2, thank B. Diddy,
I've tried both, holding "power" and "power"+"volume down" for seconds and secods. The only reaction I got was the sound of a USB-stick being pulled, when I did the latter with the phone being connected to my PC.
In the meantime, I tried this (https://forum.xda-developers.com/g6-plus/how-to/ultimate-guide-how-to-unbrick-moto-g6-t3862927) to "unbrick" my phone - if it was really "bricked" at all. But again, it didn't work. It couldn't have been totally fried, since part of the process worked, but then failed and to the same result in five attempts.

So, my phone still doesn't do anything. However, Amazon's reply has come back and since they totally don't care what is wrong with it, they will be refunding the phone eight months after purchase.

Thanks for your efforts and advice.

Cheers!