What is wrong with my S5's battery??

allykat_08

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had my s5 since Nov. 2014. Lately my battery life has been terrible, like having to charge it twice a day terrible. I had a baby 7 weeks ago, so I'm using my phone more than my computer, so I just figured the battery was wearing out, so I went to Best Buy last week and used my "get a new battery for free" option from the geek squad. It came yesterday, and my battery life yesterday and today was just as bad with the new battery as the old.

When I look at my battery statistics, the android system is taking up the most battery life. Anything I can do to fix this? I've already wiped the cache partition, and it's not helped at all.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Do you have 1 or more of these apps installed?

Apps that auto start or run in the background

1. Facebook

2. BlackBerry Messenger

3. 8 Ball Pool

4. Instagram

5. Messenger

6. WeChat

7. Facebook Pages Manager

8. Oovoo Video Call Text & Voice

9. KakaoTalk Free Calls & Text

10. Vine

Apps that are initiated by the user

1. Spotify

2. Amazon Kindle

3. Line Free Calls & Messages

4. Samsung WatchOn Video

5. Snapchat

6. Netflix

7. SoundCloud Music & Audio

8. CleanMaster Speed Booster

9. Tumblr

10. Picsart Photo Studio

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled Facebook and saw no difference. Battery is down to 50-60% at the end of a work day with casual use. Hate to say it but my old iPhone 5 and my wife's 5S do a much better job with the same apps installed.

Are you with Verizon? If so, I noticed a recently decline in battery life after the last update.

Posted via the Android Central App

allykat_08

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled Facebook and saw no difference. Battery is down to 50-60% at the end of a work day with casual use. Hate to say it but my old iPhone 5 and my wife's 5S do a much better job with the same apps installed.

Are you with Verizon? If so, I noticed a recently decline in battery life after the last update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Interesting... I do have Verizon, and it looks like my phone updated 12/22. My baby was born 12/17, and it's really been since he was born that I've noticed this horrible battery life. I wonder if it wasn't the update, and not necessarily my battery.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I do, I have Facebook and Instagram, but I've had them all along, and just recently started having the battery issues.

The recent Verizon update was merely a security patch and not an actual update of the firmware. Perhaps you should do a cache partition wipe as per #1.3 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Also, bear in mind that the likes of Facebook and Instagram have also received updates via the Play Store. Both of these tend to show increased battery usage under Android OS.

Facebook and Spotify Music apps are the biggest hogs of your Android phone’s battery, memory, and data

Delete this one app from your Android phone to get 20% more battery life

Facebook is the Single Biggest Reason Your Battery is Dead

Facebook IS killing your phone's battery: Social network admits its app is to blame for the problems and is fixing the issue

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadeharper