What is Your Success Rate Using Samsung Pay @ Walmart?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I've had two successful transactions out of probably 20. No error message, it just doesn't work. Called manager, she had no idea why it wouldn't work. She said call the 800 cs number. They had no idea and said to call the manager of the store. Many suggestions on line that WM is blocking SP in favor of their Walmart Pay but I found no current chatter about it and in today's world, an article that is several months old is not reliable. So what's your Samsung Pay/Walmart success rate and have you been told management at WM that they no longer accept SP?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem when I first started using Samsung pay, but after I figured out how to use it there have been no problems in Walmart. I just used Samsung pay in Walmart a week ago so I'm not sure about them blocking sp for wp.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Would you guys tell me exactly where you hold the phone and if the phone is facing the terminal or the back is facing the terminal? Thanks

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Back of the phone to the card reader. Usually reads by just holding it there but there have been times where I've had to move the phone up or down by the card swipe. I have always been able to get it to work at least on the second try. Usually the first though. I have more issues at my local Subway for some reason. It's the only place I struggle with Samsung Pay.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Back of the phone to the card reader. Usually reads by just holding it there but there have been times where I've had to move the phone up or down by the card swipe. I have always been able to get it to work at least on the second try. Usually the first though. I have more issues at my local Subway for some reason. It's the only place I struggle with Samsung Pay.

Do all of you have your phone in a case? I have a Thin Spigen case and a metal Casemate ring on the back.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Subway is an issue for me too.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm here in Australia and set up Samsung Pay for the first time and been using for 2 weeks. Absolutely no problems at all. Really convenient, including using with loyalty cards.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Do all of you have your phone in a case? I have a Thin Spigen case and a metal Casemate ring on the back.
Mine is in a case. I good back and forth between a clear ringke case and a heavier black case ( I forget the name) . Neither gives me problems when using Samsung Pay.