What Keyboard is best?

Landaree Levee

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Gboard, for its simplicity, performance, good predictive engine, consistent updates, and now its fabulous integrated handwriting.

I’ve tried & liked Chrooma (very customizable, but bloated, somewhat unstable & lackluster prediction engine) and Swype (great floating mode, but lacks characters I want)...

... and tried but never liked SwiftKey (lacks characters, don’t care for its prediction engine quirks & whimsical customization) and ai.type (too complex).

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
i don't no how people are using Gboard when you have secure folder enable?
talking about Gboard sync data, does not work with secure folder that's the only reason i will use SwiftKey...

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i don't no how people are using Gboard when you have secure folder enable?
talking about Gboard sync data, does not work with secure folder that's the only reason i will use SwiftKey...
When I'm in Secure folder, my keyboard changes back to the Samsung default keyboard. I have not tried using Swiftkey in secure folder.

IanThomas

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Swiftkey. I keep trying anything new that comes along (so glad to see that Touchpal only appears once in this forum and not as a first choice --- that app is poison), and coming back to Swiftkey. Gboard is a close second, but doesn't allow cursor keys, which is a must have.

Swipe left or right on the space-bar in Gboard and you have a virtual lateral cursor

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I like Gboard in general but can anyone tell me how I can get it to detect or auto detect when I want to handwrite my messages and have them convert to text? In Samsung's keyboard, if my pen is out it displays the handwriting area. In GBoard I managed to activate this once but don't know how I did it.

Hold down the space bar. If you don't see it then go to Gboard settings and add it.Screenshot_20180118-223041.jpg

Attachments

• 31810.jpg
    31810.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 129

king

May 28, 2010
Visit site
GBoard and G Handwriting Input (except in Secure Folder which seems to require the Samsung key board).

PrinSyN

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
It depends on what you are looking for with a keyboard. You didn't give any details. I've tried countless keyboards (mainly because I have several specific options that I want/need). For instance do you care about theming your keyboard? Do you like tons of emoticons? Would you use different fonts ℓιкє тнιѕ, Oᖇ TᕼIᔕ, ϴr thῖs, ꂦꋪ ꓄ꃅꀤꌗ, 🅾🆁 🆃🅷🅸🆂? Maybe you need a keyboard that has bigger key pads, because your fingers just don't fit within those teeny, tiny spaces and you end up pressing more than one key everytime you type?
Do you see what I mean? Please give some details as to what you'd really be looking for in a keyboard and then I think other people's answers will become better suited for what you actually want/need. (•ᴗ•)

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Blackberry keyboard FTW. Swiping up to insert words is invaluable. Predictions are the best. Also has advanced editing capabilities.

z0ove

Oct 28, 2017
Visit site
The answer for this question could be subjective. So you should take a time and try different keyboards and make your decision after.

In my opinión the keyboard list could be:

Chrooma (i love the flow write on this)

Gboard (google search right there)

SwiftKey board (I'm using this as main keyboard)

They are not in special order. You just try them and make your choice

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the blackberry keyboard on my note it works great has the swipe up words. If you are coming from blackberry you will love the keyboard.

Ben Klann

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
SwiftKey used to be my favourite, but now prefer the simplicity of Gboard. SwiftKey has so many themes but none I really like. However I think predictions were better in SwiftKey and accuracy.

Stock LG and Samsung are ok, but I just prefer the stock Android feel. Still think iPhone has the better keyboard, despite not using one for the last few years.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Have had my Note 8 since Friday, gave the keyboard a good go again but glide typing in Gboard is just way better, everything for be is better. Only thing I would like Gboard to do that Samsung keyboard does is clippings , like for hashtags in IG that I always use when posting, I can doggle between boards tho for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha