what kind of case are you all using?

kpxstar9

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
what kind of case are you all using for your s3? i havent decided if i want something i can wear on me or something i can throw in my pocket

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I too use the sammy flip cover. I loved it at first, loved it less after a while because of the obtrusiveness while taking pictures, and flat out hate it after the corners started peeling back a bit, and a bit of a bubble effect at the hinge after everyday use.

I'm thinking about getting this next

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Rocking a CruzerLite persona case but I have an Incipio Faxion case ordered and should be here tomorrow. Dropped my phone the other day while I had only a feather case on it but luckily it landed on the back so the case was only hit but gave me a scare and now paranoid about dropping again in a worse way lol.

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
CruzerLite persona
I like having some grip but not adding much bulk. My daughter's persona case has started to peel though - not happy.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox Defender - It's strong, doesn't creak and gives great protection. However, some would call it big. That doesn't bother me. I find the S3 way too skinny without the case on it and difficult to use because of the thinness With the case, I have something to hold onto that doesn't slip from my grasp.

I also find the power button and volume buttons too easy to press without the Defender case on it. With the case, the buttons need a little more pressure to work,which I find perfect. I don't get any accidental volume presses when I'm trying to dim the screen with a momentary power button press.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a Seidio Active case with stand. It's a 2 layer case that provides a moderate amount of protection, but is also thin enough to be pocketable. It only adds 4mm to the phone. I pocket mine at home and the office. Seidio also makes a dedicated holster for it if you prefer to wear it.

Here's a quick review.
Seidio ACTIVE Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 Review - Seidio: ACTIVE for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Legit Reviews

If you want something more basic, I'd recommend a diztronic tpu case. It's really a tradeoff between thickness and protection as well as price and what you like aestheticly.

Last edited:

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Seidio Active Case and Belt Clip for me (with the metal kick stand). I am happy with it so far, however I haven't seen many other S3's in cases to compare it with... It does make the thin phone feel thicker though...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use the Cruzer lite case,still thin enough to fit in pocket and not really know its there.
I did purchase recently a soft case with a belt/pocket clip that I can carry the S3 in while its still in its Cruzer lite case.
The soft case doubles as it works with my nexus as well

sent from my s3

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the Ballistic MAXX. Puts some bulk on it, but protects it well and actually makes it easier to hold. The built-in screen protector makes the screen look a little pixelated, but was so much easier to install then the cut-em 'n' stick-em variety. The lip protects the face, but does make the buttons slightly less accessible.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
what kind of case are you all using for your s3? i havent decided if i want something i can wear on me or something i can throw in my pocket
I'm using a knock off otterbox case I got from the flea market. I know I know I should have sprung for the real thing but they're too expensive.

Canephins

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Seidio Active case with stand. It's a 2 layer case that provides a moderate amount of protection, but is also thin enough to be pocketable. It only adds 4mm to the phone. I pocket mine at home and the office. Seidio also makes a dedicated holster for it if you prefer to wear it.

Here's a quick review.
Seidio ACTIVE Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 Review - Seidio: ACTIVE for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Legit Reviews

If you want something more basic, I'd recommend a diztronic tpu case. It's really a tradeoff between thickness and protection as well as price and what you like aestheticly.

Mine arrived today. It does add some bulk, but still thinner than the Thunderbolt was with case and still very light.

The kickstand is the main reason I bought it. That is the one feature all phones should come with.

BDain

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Otter Box Commuter from Amazon, it was $21 with free shipping. Case came in 4 business days.

Case offers great protection (comes with screen protector) and doesn't make the phone to big to put in your pocket.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My vote is for the Seidio Active Case. I've had one for three different devices and the quality is always top notch. It keeps my device pocketable while giving two different textures which help it have some grip and still having protection on the back and corners. Adds just enough to the front side of the device that I can avoid adding a screen protector for any standard drops/slips I may have every now and then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac