What launcher do you use on the Nexus 6P?

justins24

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've had the nexus 6p now for about a week now. Do you stay with stock vanilla or go with a different launcher? I've been using nova, but don't know if you use a lot of power on your phone using it and what do you recommend to save power do you install a lot of apps and if you don't use them do they still use ram and battery power. How do you configure doze or is that possible?

Posted via the Android Central App

seanpr

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine for 3 days, I'm using Nova, because I had it on my last phone, I might try the stock launcher.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have no problems with ANY stock launchers whether it's Google, Samsung or LG. I try to stick with it but within 12 hours I'll customize it with Nova Prime. Even my Samsung Note 5 I got, Test Driving promotion for 30 days, I said to myself no need to waste time customizing.

Without Nova (IMO the best), there's really not much difference if you compare it to iOS. Not trying to start a war, I love android. LOL

Anyways, Battery Life isn't really a problem. No sense of turning anything off. Okay, I did the Keyboard Sound because I find it annoying.

I don't have that much Apps either, I think less than 10 and again I don't tweak any of it.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I love Nova myself. It has too many options I didn't want to give up. I did try google now, but went back to Nova after a couple days.

As for doze, it automatically kicks in when the phone is lying down and hasn't moved for a period of time. Half an hour I think. And it might need to be face down, but not positive (I always keep mine face down when not in use personally).

Sent via the Communications Center of the Takari

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Used Nova Prime for years until I moved to Nexus line starting with Nexus 6. Now I have 6p and running stock launcher. For me, pure android is the way to go. Only none android I use is SwiftKey. So good not to. Tried google keyboard for a while but had to go back to SwiftKey.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Nova Launcher. I don't use the Google bar and couldn't make it to away, nor could I get used to using it. It's the stigma of VZW branded phones following me over.

Posted via a screaming LG V10...or the Nexus 6P of Doom...mood dependent.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I keep trying new launchers to see if something catches my interest, however, I ALWAYS end up back to Nova Prime after a day.... Or less....

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
"I keep trying new launchers to see if something catches my interest, however, I ALWAYS end up back to Nova Prime after a day.... Or less..."

Agreed. If google launcher would lose the massive search bar they would benefit greatly, but even then I would be using Nova Prime.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova Prime. Love the customizations and such.

But to people using Swiftkey... I gave it a shot and wound up going back to the Google keyboard after a week. Am I the only one that notices delays and lag with Swiftkey?

justins24

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
What I like about SwiftKey is the integration of languages you download. No having to switch via the keyboard.

lukejwalka23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Been a Nova Prime user for many years, but switched to Action Launcher 3 when I got my 6P and haven't thought about switching back at all.

Posted via my Huawei Nexus 6P on VZW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52