What new Sprint phone would you get?

momof2inmn

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
We may be getting new phones for my husband and kids and moving to a family or business plan on Sprint. I have the Evo 4G and I love it but I want something more updated for them if we have to do a new 2 year plan.

I haven't done a lot of research but from the articles I read on AC I haven't seen anything else that I like as much as my EVO. Things I love about the EVO and would look for in a new phone are the size of the screen and HTC Sense - haven't used any other Android phone but so far I love HTC.

If you had to get a new Sprint phone by Christmas, what would it be and why?

Thanks!!

batmanxgr

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If you can hold out until April-ish 2012? Sprint will annouce LTE or new Wimax phones. Rumor of the HTC zeta just popped up and I'm sure we'll find out in the next few months which carrier is getting it, I hope Sprint get it. If you can't wait? For the kids I say EVO design and EVO 3D for the adults.

Photon and all other phones have been junk.

Note: ICS is coming to both HTC phones I mentioned above.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
None. The market changes too much. Why buy anything if its not running ICS. Go spend $300 or $400 on a photon or galaxy a 2 touch 4g everlasting name that never ends and takes 8 seconds to say (sorry) buy you'll be waiting on the newest version of andrioid. That's like buying a PlayStation 2 a month before 3s came out imo.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I haven't played with the Evo 3D but I did hear its worth the upgrade from many people. I would go to a Sprint store and play around with them for yourself. Goodluck with your decision. :)

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The Evo 3D is a good phone. It's still in competition spec-wise with new and current phones. Dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon is a nice upgrade in it's own. 3D is only shown when you watch/record 3D video or take 3D photos. You can still take 2D videos and pictures. Plus, it's in line to get Ice Cream Sandwich. Just like the Evo 4G before it, you'll have a good phone for the 2 years you're locked in.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The Evo 3D is a good phone. It's still in competition spec-wise with new and current phones. Dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon is a nice upgrade in it's own. 3D is only shown when you watch/record 3D video or take 3D photos. You can still take 2D videos and pictures. Plus, it's in line to get Ice Cream Sandwich. Just like the Evo 4G before it, you'll have a good phone for the 2 years you're locked in.

As many lines as she is talking about I'm sure she is a gold premier tier and gets yearly upgrade.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have owned and spent time using the original EVO 4G, the Samsung Epic 4G, the HTC EVO 3D, the Motorola Photon 4G, and currently the Samsung Epic Touch 4G. They all have their strong points and are good phones.

I really liked the EVO 3D except for 2 really big problems, the external speaker was terrible and I had major signal issues because I live in a rural area with weak coverage by Sprint.

The Motorola Photon is really an unsung hero in the Sprint lineup, it is an outstanding phone in many aspects. Call quality is second to none in all regards, signal strength, clarity, and volume are top notch. The camera is really good, better than the EVO 3D in my opinion. Battery life is also very good. The only true issue for some people is that the screen isn't as good as some of today's top end phones, it is pretty darn good, but it's no super amoled plus display.

This brings me to the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G (ridiculous name!). I am currently using this model of phone. It has the best screen & camera of the bunch. It does very well on battery life, although in my area the stronger signal with the Motorola Photon enables it to do a bit better in my area. It is by far the fastest phone of the bunch with the EVO 3D being second best in this aspect.

So, my top 2 phones on Sprint would be the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch and the Motorola Photon. Hard to go wrong with either one.

Just my 2 cents :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anzarkv