what phone should I buy?

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool:Hey! DouglasNor..as stated pay attention at the pixels issue
Personally I'd stay away of Nexus: I heard that phone will
be discontinued. The size matter to Me and to you too
in that case, consider the Sam-Gs7 is only 5.1" Got
one of those it doesn't heat-Hehe! goFor it ya!

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Well I ended up buying the Blackberry Priv. After looking at all the available devices and today dropping my phone and it tumbling down the stairs at the Sox game it was time to buy. I am updating everything at the moment and will post how I am liking it since there is a 14 day period that I can return if I end up hating. I doubt that will happen. I am an old blackberry fan and I did not like any of the other devices available when I typed on them. The Nexus 6 kind of spoiled me as far as size. Thanks for everyone's input.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
battery life is terrible :(
I love the Priv but the life of the battery is a no-go. Sucks because I have read MM has helped greatly with it but Verizon is still at Lollipop. I may just leave and go to T-Mobile and buy unlocked from BlackBerry or since I may leave, that will give me more options. I can understand why BlackBerry is having issues. If you don't buy Apple or Samsung, the carriers could give a ****.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't sound like the Priv will get updates, much like your Moto/lenovos, and if you're willing to jump ship to t mobile than that opens a whole new world for phones. I'm interested in the Moto Z play that'll be coming out in a couple days. I'm on verizon as well so devices are limited. Hopefully soon verizon will whitelist all phones and vendors will start putting cdma radios in them.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't sound like the Priv will get updates, much like your Moto/lenovos, and if you're willing to jump ship to t mobile than that opens a whole new world for phones. I'm interested in the Moto Z play that'll be coming out in a couple days. I'm on verizon as well so devices are limited. Hopefully soon verizon will whitelist all phones and vendors will start putting cdma radios in them.
I am weighing my options at the moment. I do not owe Verizon anything and can buy an unlocked Priv I am just not sure of tmobiles or att signal strength where I live.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Completely agree. I've been a loyal member to VZW for over 10 years, I'm still grandfathered into Unlimited days plan. If it wasn't for that than I would definitely be looking elsewhere. Guess your next step would be to figure out if signal strength where you live for att and t Mobile will be sufficient for you. If do, than there are a lot of nice GSM phones under $400 or so

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I returned the Priv. I wasn't liking the battery life I was experiencing even on a new phone. Keyboard was phenomenal. Bummed. I may go with the 6P merely because I know it will not be dependant on Verizon to push them out. IDK.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm think the 6P prices will drop in the next 2 months with the release of their Pixel phones. I'm trying to hold off till black Friday or thereabouts and see what's the better deal. Id love to try a nexus device.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
What do people think of the Moto Z Play? After watching a few reviews it reminds me of the Moto X. That too had a slower cpu but man that thing ran buttery smooth, and that is what I am reading in the reviews also. It is at that great price point of $400 bucks. I don't game at all. Just messaging, youtube, google play music, facebook, and a few apps. It will get Android N (well maybe not seeing its Verizon).

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm think the 6P prices will drop in the next 2 months with the release of their Pixel phones. I'm trying to hold off till black Friday or thereabouts and see what's the better deal. Id love to try a nexus device.

I loved my Nexus 6. I may get a 6p but I would have to hold one. I would like something smaller than my Nexus 6 was.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
What do people think of the Moto Z Play? After watching a few reviews it reminds me of the Moto X. That too had a slower cpu but man that thing ran buttery smooth, and that is what I am reading in the reviews also. It is at that great price point of $400 bucks. I don't game at all. Just messaging, youtube, google play music, facebook, and a few apps. It will get Android N (well maybe not seeing its Verizon).

I went ahead and got the Moto Z Droid Play. Software experience is still much like it's been since the Moto X and that is a good thing. I didn't get any mods. I'm waiting to see how things work out first. Thanks again for the input. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali