What Rom are You using? and enjoying?

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Slim Bean for the DNA just got released over at xda. I'm going to try it out tonight and see how it is compared to stock CM 10.1. I'll report back tonight or tomorrow.

Posted via Android Central App

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
That sounds interesting. Does it actually help? Would I get it from XDA?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well today was my first day on the kernel. I think it helped with battery, but I'm not sure. I know I haven't done a lot to really conserve my battery. I kinda feel like why limit my phone's resources. I got a bad *** phone, I wanna use it as such!
I never really had any stability issues so I can't really gauge that. And performance wise, it's still rockin!
Yes, it's available over at XDA

Sent from my ViperDNA

SouthernDroid

Banned
Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Well today was my first day on the kernel. I think it helped with battery, but I'm not sure. I know I haven't done a lot to really conserve my battery. I kinda feel like why limit my phone's resources. I got a bad *** phone, I wanna use it as such!
I never really had any stability issues so I can't really gauge that. And performance wise, it's still rockin!
Yes, it's available over at XDA

Sent from my ViperDNA

Thanks Kevin, perhaps this will be a weekend project for me. Is it pretty hard to install? And yes, this is a bad *** phone!

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Kevin, perhaps this will be a weekend project for me. Is it pretty hard to install? And yes, this is a bad *** phone!

It's very easy to install. If you are rooted and S-OFF, you just install it like any other .zip from recovery. You are on Viper (it seems) so you want to make sure you get the correct Sense kernel. He also has one for AOSP which I am using with Carbon.

SouthernDroid

Banned
Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
It's very easy to install. If you are rooted and S-OFF, you just install it like any other .zip from recovery. You are on Viper (it seems) so you want to make sure you get the correct Sense kernel. He also has one for AOSP which I am using with Carbon.

Awesome, I will give it a try. Thanks for the heads up!

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I can't stay away from Sense5. I've done a little research, and I'm back on Newt's NOS M7. "I WANT TO BELIEVE!" :) I believe I can cure my mms issue with Verizon's Messaging app from Play Store, don't know why I didn't think of that before, and found out that NFC is on by default when you flash the rom. I turned that off, so I'm hoping battery will be a bit better now. I made a sturdy back up of my Carbon set up, so worst case scenario I can at least go back there. Wish me luck!

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm running latest Viper and just installed the latest crpalmer kernel. I've tried carbon, which, as stated before, is cm based. Bluetooth calling did not work, which is a must for me. Straight up audio did, just not calls. Otherwise I loved Carbon (still running it on my Nexus7).
Viper is doing very well for me and you have the option to use aosp apps for some, though for text you need to use the HTC app if you need mms.

Sent from my HTC ViperDNA

Ah! Thats why my MMS is slow/spotty. I did not know the AOSP messaging app was broken when I installed and I selected to not install the HTC Messaging app :( I don't mind using it, but do I have to reflash if I want to install that app?! :(

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Anybody notice that doing Facebook search crashes the app? That never happened on any other ROM.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

jgraves12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Ah! Thats why my MMS is slow/spotty. I did not know the AOSP messaging app was broken when I installed and I selected to not install the HTC Messaging app :( I don't mind using it, but do I have to reflash if I want to install that app?! :(

Nah, just extract it from the roms zip and push it to system/app

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
All right so ill probably bite the bullet and root tomorrow morning and load up a rom. Question is; what ROM is most stable and provides good battery life for a brief road trip? I like the CM based ones and Illusion & Bellybeer are some of the ones that look intriguing but reading through the threads its a little hard to determine what a good opinion is on the roms current status bc of some of the recent updates.

Also has anyone used this battery saver app:
[ROOT][FREE] [2.1+] One And Only Kernel-Level Power Saver - One Power Guard V2.9 - xda-developers
Looks intriguing because its not just a simple app killer and appears to have good reviews on XDA.

Any input?

thx!!

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on nos m7 it's been pretty good, not many bugs and battery is really good. 12 to 14 hrs and have 25% left.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
All right so ill probably bite the bullet and root tomorrow morning and load up a rom. Question is; what ROM is most stable and provides good battery life for a brief road trip? I like the CM based ones and Illusion & Bellybeer are some of the ones that look intriguing but reading through the threads its a little hard to determine what a good opinion is on the roms current status bc of some of the recent updates.

Also has anyone used this battery saver app:
[ROOT][FREE] [2.1+] One And Only Kernel-Level Power Saver - One Power Guard V2.9 - xda-developers
Looks intriguing because its not just a simple app killer and appears to have good reviews on XDA.

Any input?

thx!!

I've tried a couple ROMs and though it might not look the prettiest, ViperDNA has been 100% bugless with the exception of the AOSP messaging app. I've installed textra and everything works just fine.

For battery saving, try greenify. That seems to be the hot app these days.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a couple ROMs and though it might not look the prettiest, ViperDNA has been 100% bugless with the exception of the AOSP messaging app. I've installed textra and everything works just fine.

For battery saving, try greenify. That seems to be the hot app these days.

Thx, yup I've used Greenify before but the other app sounds intriguing so may give that a shot. I'll probably load up Viper to try it but I haven't been a fan of the ROM after I tried it a few times on the Rezound. It was a bit buggy back then and I didn't see the point in using a ROM that was near stock and replaced the removed bloat w 'bloat' from the Viper dev team ;-)

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia