What Rom are You using? and enjoying?

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Using viper now and so far so good. No apps closing on me, the phone isn't locking up or shutting down. I'm not really stoked about it still being sense based. I think sense is so ugly but this seemed like the most bugless ROM available so I went for it. I'll keep using it if i don't have issues or learn about a bugless AOSP ROM.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cabiggs152

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Running PAC man ROM. I liked it at first but it's really starting to suck. It's crashing on me and restarting and I've got Bluetooth issues and data issues. Some apps will just randomly close it seems.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Same here on my gnex, PAC was great when. I first flashed it but then it started to lag :( it has a lot of features but its not reliable

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I am running Android Revolution 10.0. Since its Sense based, everything works like the phone did when it was stock, except it's 4.2.2, and no crapware. They are on Version 11.0 now debating on whether or not to update. It's been rock solid.

Oh, HTC One.

Edit: Sorry people, this thread is on the Hot in the Forums section and I didn't realize till afterwards that it was a Verizon Droid DNA thread. Carry on... :)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm here! Haha
So, my first ROM was digital dream sense5, and it was beautiful. Nice JB blue themed ROM, but the gallery, camera, notes, calendar, and MMS didn't work. I had to switch wifi off and data on to send and receive.
Second rom was Hatka Supreme, stock sense 5 with some additions. For the first week or so, everything ran great, smooth, no issues except for MMS, same ordeal as above. After a week, my screen would flicker when I touched it, the keyboard started glitching (black lines would appear through it, then eventually it would disappear completely) this issue was only fixable by reboot, and required reboot every day, of not twice a day. Also, when using the recent apps key as menu key, many times the bottom of the screen would be unresponsive.
So today, I switched to a CM10.1 ROM called illusion. It is 4.4.2, with a KLP concept theme. So far, I am loving it. I haven't run into a single glitch. The only downside is the loss of beats and sense camera. Here's some screen shots.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1372303451975.jpg
    1372303451975.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 1372303468547.jpg
    1372303468547.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 1372303480967.jpg
    1372303480967.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 1372303517328.jpg
    1372303517328.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 35

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Very nice, Jennifer!

Does Bluetooth work yet? I stream and have a hands free device I use in my car. Would like to move onto something besides Sense 4+.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm here! Haha
So, my first ROM was digital dream sense5, and it was beautiful. Nice JB blue themed ROM, but the gallery, camera, notes, calendar, and MMS didn't work. I had to switch wifi off and data on to send and receive.
Second rom was Hatka Supreme, stock sense 5 with some additions. For the first week or so, everything ran great, smooth, no issues except for MMS, same ordeal as above. After a week, my screen would flicker when I touched it, the keyboard started glitching (black lines would appear through it, then eventually it would disappear completely) this issue was only fixable by reboot, and required reboot every day, of not twice a day. Also, when using the recent apps key as menu key, many times the bottom of the screen would be unresponsive.
So today, I switched to a CM10.1 ROM called illusion. It is 4.4.2, with a KLP concept theme. So far, I am loving it. I haven't run into a single glitch. The only downside is the loss of beats and sense camera. Here's some screen shots.

You mean 4.2.2? Man, that ROM looks beautiful. I just flashed Viper but if this one is CM/AOSP based I might switch. You have to let us know if you experience ANY issues. Viper is relatively bugless but I hate that it is sense based.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You mean 4.2.2? Man, that ROM looks beautiful. I just flashed Viper but if this one is CM/AOSP based I might switch. You have to let us know if you experience ANY issues. Viper is relatively bugless but I hate that it is sense based.

Lol, excuse me. I'm running on little to no sleep. I will definitely let you guys now how it goes. So far its pretty smooth, no glitches or force closes.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm running into my first glitch, guys. Its small, but worthwhile to note. About 6/20 shots with the front facing camera, the gallery force closed resulting in a loss of picture. This was the first 6 shots in succession, and it was fine afterwards.

(This was a test to gauge reoccurrence, Lol. I'm not snapping 20 pictures of myself in conceit :p)

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm running into my first glitch, guys. Its small, but worthwhile to note. About 6/20 shots with the front facing camera, the gallery force closed resulting in a loss of picture. This was the first 6 shots in succession, and it was fine afterwards.

(This was a test to gauge reoccurrence, Lol. I'm not snapping 20 pictures of myself in conceit :p)

Yeah, any ROM that is CM based is going to have the same bugs/issues as CM itself. FFC has always been among them. Bluetooth has been on that short list as well. I just installed the new Google Play Edition camera/gallery apk (from the GPE One and GS4) and I had the same thing happen after snapping a couple pics with FFC. Its always been a minor bug as far as I was concerned.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, any ROM that is CM based is going to have the same bugs/issues as CM itself. FFC has always been among them. Bluetooth has been on that short list as well. I just installed the new Google Play Edition camera/gallery apk (from the GPE One and GS4) and I had the same thing happen after snapping a couple pics with FFC. Its always been a minor bug as far as I was concerned.

Its my first cm ROM, and I was too lazy to go check out what the bugs were on the other thread Lol. Its not a big deal since its only front facing, and only occasionally.

I couldn't get the gallery apk to install :-(

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Its my first cm ROM, and I was too lazy to go check out what the bugs were on the other thread Lol. Its not a big deal since its only front facing, and only occasionally.

I couldn't get the gallery apk to install :-(

You have to use root explorer to get rid of any gallery.apk(s) that are in the system/app folder. I had 2 of them in there that I just moved to another folder for safekeeping, then I installed the new one.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm running latest Viper and just installed the latest crpalmer kernel. I've tried carbon, which, as stated before, is cm based. Bluetooth calling did not work, which is a must for me. Straight up audio did, just not calls. Otherwise I loved Carbon (still running it on my Nexus7).
Viper is doing very well for me and you have the option to use aosp apps for some, though for text you need to use the HTC app if you need mms.

Sent from my HTC ViperDNA

SouthernDroid

Banned
Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm running latest Viper and just installed the latest crpalmer kernel. I've tried carbon, which, as stated before, is cm based. Bluetooth calling did not work, which is a must for me. Straight up audio did, just not calls. Otherwise I loved Carbon (still running it on my Nexus7).
Viper is doing very well for me and you have the option to use aosp apps for some, though for text you need to use the HTC app if you need mms.

Sent from my HTC ViperDNA

What's the crpalm kernel do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej