What to do if some programs now don't work on Froyo?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was using PEPID (Its an emergency medicine reference app) and it was working fine on 2.1. I did the Froyo update yesterday on a factory reset phone. I've been reinstalling all of my apps. They have all been working fine except for PEPID (I'm guessing not many people here use it) and when I try to open it it force closes. Any ideas on possible problems or ways to look at fixing it? Would this have to do with any of that red/green stuff?

I'd like to get it working since its a $250/year app (and a really good one at that)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was using PEPID (Its an emergency medicine reference app) and it was working fine on 2.1. I did the Froyo update yesterday on a factory reset phone. I've been reinstalling all of my apps. They have all been working fine except for PEPID (I'm guessing not many people here use it) and when I try to open it it force closes. Any ideas on possible problems or ways to look at fixing it? Would this have to do with any of that red/green stuff?

I'd like to get it working since its a $250/year app (and a really good one at that)

its working fine for me, im not a doctor i just play one on android central. how did you reinstall the app? give me details.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
its working fine for me, im not a doctor i just play one on android central. how did you reinstall the app? give me details.

I did it I think initially via app brain which then goes via the Market. Battery pulled, tried reinstalling it and still no go. Any helpful thoughts would be wonderful. how did you install it?

Just tried it again via the Market like the PEPID website says and I still get the same thing. It tries to open, I get a haptic feedback/vibration. It thinks some more and then I get 3 more short vibrations and then a message saying that its quit unexpectedly and must close.

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I did it I think initially via app brain which then goes via the Market. Battery pulled, tried reinstalling it and still no go. Any helpful thoughts would be wonderful. how did you install it?

Just tried it again via the Market like the PEPID website says and I still get the same thing. It tries to open, I get a haptic feedback/vibration. It thinks some more and then I get 3 more short vibrations and then a message saying that its quit unexpectedly and must close.

which version of cwm did you use?

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Then you used the brand new cwm. That could possibly be the problem. Did you try downloading it from market? Try the android store?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If the CWM (which I barely know what it is. This was my first attempt at anything of this sort) is the problem, is there a fix for it? Or will there be? I just went to the market and tried reinstalling it and still no go.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If the CWM (which I barely know what it is. This was my first attempt at anything of this sort) is the problem, is there a fix for it? Or will there be? I just went to the market and tried reinstalling it and still no go.

when you boot to recovery, what color is the writing? how about after you apply update.zip?

you need to be on the new red recovery not the green.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just booted into recovery. It says CWM Voodoo lagfix recovery v2.5.1.x. The writing is red.

k. its the new one. do a data and cache wipe and a dalvic cache wipe. flash rom, you can flash the same rom or a new one, and then wipe as before, restart. you will have to setup your phone again. dont install anything else and dont restore through titanium back up or app brain. install fresh from the market. gotta get to bed will check back in the morning.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
they both say that. i would flash the new again just to be sure.

How do I know that what I'm doing will be any different than what I did last night? Are you saying to basically just follow through all of those steps again? How will that change anything? (I ask because I have no idea)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How do I know that what I'm doing will be any different than what I did last night? Are you saying to basically just follow through all of those steps again? How will that change anything? (I ask because I have no idea)

lol. you have to remember we are screwing around with software that was never intended for public use. theres gonna be crap wrong with it. the leak is neato and stuffbut once someone like adrynalyne or rubiks puts a rom together its best to run one of thiers. they take the neato buggy stuff and make it better. and they are really good at it. so yes follow the same steps from yesterday but with superclean1.0 instead of the leak. and some times you just have to do it all over again just because. sometimes you have to wipe data and cache 2 or 3 times to make stuff work right.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Not to be the descending voice, but the version of Clockworkmod should not affect whether an app works or not. Have you tried going into settings>apps>and clearing the cache for that app? It works fine on my phone, and I followed my procedure the same way you did ;)

k. its the new one. do a data and cache wipe and a dalvic cache wipe. flash rom, you can flash the same rom or a new one, and then wipe as before, restart. you will have to setup your phone again. dont install anything else and dont restore through titanium back up or app brain. install fresh from the market. gotta get to bed will check back in the morning.

I think this advice is best. Do the first 2 sentences first, before you do the reflash. Although reflashes don't take that long.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Not to be the descending voice, but the version of Clockworkmod should not affect whether an app works or not.

lol. i was thinking that if stuff gets mounted incorrectly, stuff also gets wiped incorrectly. the version of clock work wont effect the app but the incorrectly wiped cache may.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I went and wiped the data for PEPID and still no go. Is there something I might be doing wrong in wiping the data? But, if I delete the app and reinstall it, shouldn't there be no data to wipe? Again, still just trying to understand all of this and I really appreciate both of your inputs!

If I was to start all over again is there a different ROM that I should flash? I really have no clue how this works with 2.2. I was very good at following the directions in post #1 in the 2.2 thread. I was thrilled that after I finished that the phone actually worked as advertised with all of the apparently possible problems that others were having. :) I guess that's a little of my fear of doing it again. It all went so smoothly the first time. Just hoping it wasn't a fluke. :)