What will your next phone be if no Note 21 ?

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
If there is indeed no Note 21 coming, which will be your next phone and why ?

I have a Note 10+, still pretty happy with it although I'd like a 5G phone at some point. I usually upgrade every other year and wasn't sure what to look forward to if the Note line is terminated. I've been a Note fan going back to Note 5.

I considered a N20 since it's a slight upgrade and is 5G, although not having the Ultra available in the green color I want ticked me off enough to lose my interest. I'm not sure I'm dying for a foldable phone either yet. The new Galaxy 21s are pretty nice but not sure if it feels like the next upgrade I'm looking for.

I was curious what phone you Note 20 users will be moving onto, or waiting for to come out down the road.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Probably the fold 3. I bought a fold 2 after buying my note 20 ultra. Depends on if samsung screws up the fold series, they seem content on doing that with their phones lately.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If the Fold 3 has a inside screen that feels harder and more like glass then I might consider it, but probably not at $2k+. I might wait for a their rollable phone, unless the one LG is coming out with this year is awesome.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm keeping my fingers and everything else crossed the rumours are just that, in regards to the Note line.

I'm also hoping Samsung see sense and offer up the Snapdragon soc in the variants they sell in the UK or I'll have to contemplate importing one again unless the Exynos 2100 actually performs as well. i.e not Geekbench style stats but actual user usage performance.

But in response to your question I'll stay with my Note 20 Ultra 5G for as long as it ticks my wants and needs boxes and by then hopefully a Galaxy S Series will fit the bill.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I will be moving to the fold3 if it has a s pen, even if the N21 is released. For me it's time for a change and something new/differenced in phone design.

If I'm going to spend the money(pretty much doing that, minus 500.00), I might as well get something a little exciting...

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Nothing is off the table for me if it's discontinued, but will be looking at what Google is doing with the Pixel lineup and dare I say it Apple as I'm really liking their privacy and pissing off Facebook thing at the moment.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Let's put this in the equation.. what if the note series goes the same route as the S21U and the S pen isn't built in the phone, you have to buy one separate and a case if you want to carry it with the phone.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Let's put this in the equation.. what if the note series goes the same route as the S21U and the S pen isn't built in the phone, you have to buy one separate and a case if you want to carry it with the phone.

I'd still buy the Note version and do without the Pen as I still prefer the squarer look of the Note range over the S Range.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If there is indeed no Note 21 coming, which will be your next phone and why ?

I have a Note 10+, still pretty happy with it although I'd like a 5G phone at some point. I usually upgrade every other year and wasn't sure what to look forward to if the Note line is terminated. I've been a Note fan going back to Note 5.

I considered a N20 since it's a slight upgrade and is 5G, although not having the Ultra available in the green color I want ticked me off enough to lose my interest. I'm not sure I'm dying for a foldable phone either yet. The new Galaxy 21s are pretty nice but not sure if it feels like the next upgrade I'm looking for.

I was curious what phone you Note 20 users will be moving onto, or waiting for to come out down the road.

My new phone will likely be Fold 3 if the specs and trade in price :)

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
World love to get the z fold 3 if it has spen built in. Would also like sd card but probably won't have that.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
If there's no Note 21 then I'll stick with the Note 20 ultra for another year and see what's on the table.
I wouldn't rule out getting a fold 3 with S pen (integrated) but only if the price is right.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an S10 now (my first introduction to Samsung, and I've loved it thus far), and I was considering staying with Samsung for my next upgrade... The S21 may not be too big for me, but I'm considering going to Pixel again next time 'round. Their phones are easier for me to navigate. I'd love to have a Pixel camera and size with a Samsung UI.

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Next phone is maybe the Fold 4. The Note 20 Ultra is such a good phone. I thought my previous S10+ would be kept at least 2 - 3 years because of how good it was but the camera system and larger screen on the Note 20 Ultra won me over (plus all the free cases I got from the promo haha). If I upgrade and pay a lot of money it'll be for a new device (folding device) with new technology. The Note 20U is a such a beast that I will keep it another year or two and by then folding phones should be much improved.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Next phone is maybe the Fold 4. The Note 20 Ultra is such a good phone. I thought my previous S10+ would be kept at least 2 - 3 years because of how good it was but the camera system and larger screen on the Note 20 Ultra won me over (plus all the free cases I got from the promo haha). If I upgrade and pay a lot of money it'll be for a new device (folding device) with new technology. The Note 20U is a such a beast that I will keep it another year or two and by then folding phones should be much improved.
I think you are right on the folding phones if samsung does it right, they need to stop being like apple. The fold 2 was such an improvement over the fold. Samsung didn't hold back on the fold 2 for quality. Unfortunately in Samsung's journey to be like apple there was no SD card slot, but that appears to be the trend.. another reason for you to keep your note 20 ultra if you're happy with it.

Cletis169_1

Aug 29, 2018
Visit site
Only things holding me back from the fold now is, 256GB ROM (need at least 512GB, I download a lot for when I don't have service), no SPen, no expandable memory, not water proof (but I understand how hard that is being foldable), and 2 times the thickness at the hinge.

I do like that the fold actually go the esim turned on though. If a few of those get fixed I would go the fold route. I would like to see the rollable come out though to replace the notes.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Well, wouldn't that just make it about identical to the S series except for the sharper corners? I doubt they would call it the Note if it didn't house the S Pen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choll