What would it take to make rom manager work?

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Well its the #1 thing you shouldn't do on the optimus s seems like everyone does it anyway...heck I even did it for fun
Sooooooooooo?....can it be made to work???

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
But why??? Is it because there's no official clockwork mod?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Yes and no. The main reason is the Optimus S is not specifically supported by ROM Manager. Folks who don't know what they're doing have been known to flash stuff meant for an entirely different Optimus device.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Cannibal is based off ClockworkMod with features from multiple recoveries. It was part of the reason the name changed I think, because it has deviated so far from ClockworkMod that it's become it's own Recovery.

Reactions: thenameisnigel

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking just make it work with the right recovery and everything but all the devs would have to agree but I guess its that no one cares at rom managers side? I don't know but if everything was available for it I don't think it would be hard to make work
It would be weird
Rom manager would work:what:

Seditec

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to make our own v of Tom manager that installs our recovery no cwm cause that would be super cool

Sent from my LS670

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Not saying rom manager, but a front end app for cannibal recovery would be sweet . . .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Since I don't want to start another thread - my JoyOS ROM has google.process.acore FC's every second.. I wiped data, boot, cache, AND system.. Fixed Permissions.. Same thing. It is keeping me from getting around my ROM.. how can I fix this? It can't a calender and contact storage triggering it because it does it on fresh install - every time. A quick Google search tells me to wipe Contact and Calender Storage but that can't be the problem because it does it constantly. As a matter of fact, I can't even get to Settings to wipe the data!

Does ANYONE have ANY Suggestions?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Since I don't want to start another thread - my JoyOS ROM has google.process.acore FC's every second.. I wiped data, boot, cache, AND system.. Fixed Permissions.. Same thing. It is keeping me from getting around my ROM.. how can I fix this? It can't a calender and contact storage triggering it because it does it on fresh install - every time. A quick Google search tells me to wipe Contact and Calender Storage but that can't be the problem because it does it constantly. As a matter of fact, I can't even get to Settings to wipe the data!

Does ANYONE have ANY Suggestions?

You should have started a new thread as this has literally NOTHING to do with this thread.

Actually, why not post that in YOUR JoyOS thread?

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Dude any thread I start is ment to be talked in grant it I should be more careful in hard dev threads but
WE ARE NOT COMPUTERS WE SOCIALIZE! Thus culminating NEW IDEAS,.................unless I'm just totally missing something here?:confused:

This topic is the #1 reason. I'm confused about etiquette. We come to talk about "whatever" but if there. Is ANY deviation in the slightest you get flamed. Grant it I understand the importance of staying on topic but CoMe On! .......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexa soundzen