What's next ?? Help me spend my $

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I've asked this question before but this time I mean it. I loved my S5 for the last 2+ years but I am moving on. What should I be looking at next? What would you spend your money on? I have not been staying on top of the latest and upcoming offerings. I am on VZW if it matters.

My last 2 phones have been Samsungs and I've been happy with them but I am not marries to the brand.

Priorities:
Battery life (I loved having swapable batteries but I guess no phones are doing that any more).
Must be an Android OS.
I like water and dustproof even though I don't plan to dunk it.
Expandable memory.
call quality
camera quality.

Any help appreciated.
--sm

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Most phones aren't water/dust proof so you'll be paying a premium & limiting yourself. Usually the next Galaxy S# (non note) phone would be coming out around this time but it said that that won't happen this year. In all honesty I would wait till the Mobile World Congress which is one month from now. That would've been were Samsung would release the next iteration of their S Galaxy phones. I'd be happy to help you go through your options then. At this moment I like the Mate 9 by Huawei. A pretty big phone w/ very good battery life. It's the same size as the Iphone 7+ (5.5 inch display) & Nexus 6p (5.7 inch display) but your getting more screen real estate because of it's 5.9 inch screen, less bezel & paying less than you pay for a Samsung or Apple phone but with similar performance. As I said, it's a decent sized phone though..

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Awesome feedback and thanks. Unfortunately, I have the patience of a ferrit on crack. I did 5 mins of research and grabbed an S7 edge.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Awesome feedback and thanks. Unfortunately, I have the patience of a ferrit on crack. I did 5 mins of research and grabbed an S7 edge.

Lmao, very funny.

I don't see how you can go wrong w/ that though. I'm actual jealous of your great camera haha. Best wishes & good luck!

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz