What's the best data usage/monitor app?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The My At&t app, also if you're on the 2GB plan like myself, JuiceDefender Beta helps with Data and Battery at the same time.

flipteg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
i am trying out 3G Watch Dog for a couple of days now. it's pretty good. it even allows you to put a small widget on the home screen that shows you the current monthly usage. it lets the user set the quota, billing period, and have it automatically reset at the start of the billing period.

i have experienced 2 times now where the AT&T account site was showing about 10mb more than what the 3G Watch Dog was showing. the AT&T account data indicator is delayed, but there shouldn't be any case where AT&T shows more data than the data monitor on the phone.

CrashXtreme

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Use Traffic counter as well .. works good ...

Note that Atrix has a habit of switching from wifi to 3g .. Make sure you disable mobile data when you are at home if you dont' have unlimited plan ..

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I'll keep Traffic Counter on the back of my mind, but right now 3G watchdog is doing pretty good and I like that its in the notification bar.

If I needed to watch my wifi usage, then traffic counter would def be my choice.

areekz

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Try Mobile Counter - application to count network GSM/WIFI transfer (also in blocks e.g round data at least 100kB for every session). Widgets, more settings, application similar to watchdog
More details in android market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mobileCounter

ss-480-0-13

ss-480-1-14

ss-480-5-14

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Use Traffic counter as well .. works good ...

Note that Atrix has a habit of switching from wifi to 3g .. Make sure you disable mobile data when you are at home if you dont' have unlimited plan ..

Verify your WiFi is set to never sleep. This will stop it from switched to 3G even when your near your wifi network.

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Wi-Fi Settings -> Menu -> Advanced -> Wi-Fi Sleep policy -> Never

I use NetCounter for my data counter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61