Where are my downloaded ringtones/notifications from Zedge?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Alright, so I have searched and searched and searched for an answer, and have consistently come up blank. I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy j3(6), which is the Galaxy J3's prepaid version. It is unrooted and will remain so. Everything worked just fine until yesterday when I received a text message and it was the default vzw tone. I went into my settings>sounds>ringtones> and it asked me to choose from Media Storage or Zedge, something I've never had to do beforehand. When I selected Zedge, it opened the application which never happened before. I hit back, selected ringtones, and then media storage. The only ringtones found were the stock Android tones, and nothing from Zedge could be found. I've been through my files, I've reset defaults, I've uninstalled Zedge, restarted my phone, and then reinstalled and still they aren't appearing. The only way I've been able to use them is by selecting them inside the Zedge App itself. Can anyone help?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Because Zedge doesn't actually download them now. Takes a bit of a work around nowadays. You have to set them as the default in the zedge app then save them too, before they appear. Unless they updated then again and changed that and I still didn't get that update.

Eli Woodside

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Because Zedge doesn't actually download them now. Takes a bit of a work around nowadays. You have to set them as the default in the zedge app then save them too, before they appear. Unless they updated then again and changed that and I still didn't get that update.

So im not actually dumb?! Well, that's comforting. What a crock though that I have to jump through all those hoops just to enjoy my customized tones. Thanks so much for your help.. Hopefully they fix it because I do not approve.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Just Re-checked Zedge and downloaded a new tone.

Before in the old version you can click on save and it will save to device. On the new app, clicking save does not download to device. It just sort of bookmarks it inside the Zedge app. This means to use a Zedge tone, you have to use the Zedge app to select. The workaround I'm using is that when you find a tone you like, to make it appear in the phone's built in ringtone selector is that you have to set it to be your global default notification sound, or ringtone. Then it will appear among the choices for other apps. This is tedious because you then have to go back to the app you want to use the tone in, and go to settings to bring back default notification to the one you want.

I guess the easiest way is to not download and use Zedge as the selector, or don't choose a default tone selector and select Zedge or Media as needed.

Hawaiiandreamerz808

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site

Hopefully you get this and I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply but the way to do it is simple. Once you find the notification sounds that you like go ahead and download it. Once you downloaded it go to your files and go into your audio. Find the notification sound that you downloaded and then go ahead and select it by holding down on it or just click the three dots on the upper right and hit edit. Once it is selected hit copy. Then select system storage and then go ahead and create a new folder and title it "notifications" then once you are finished hit done and it should drop it into that folder. Now it should become selectable once in your notification sound selection

Damo Silcox

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
where are my downloads Vanna Ruffles whatever the hell you want to call from Zedge man they're here somewhere I've had this problem like 4 years ago Dude it should be so simple that it's this freaking hard man come on help me out I have

celticfish

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
I had this problem with zedge too...it's clumsy and requires multiple saves to get the notification tone to show up in your list. Once I got in in there and began using it for texting, I was unable to respond to group texts (I use the default texting on the phone - Samsung/Android 7). I could RECEIVE group texts, but no one received my replies. I've had the phone over 2 years and this has never happened. I had "group conversation" checked in the group text. I also had trouble sending photos, but this seemed less consistent.

As a test, I stopped using the zedge notification tone and returned to one of the the phone's stock tones. Problem went away.

Anyone have this happen?

rickmc1952

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
I just downloaded a couple of ringtones and my Galaxy S9 stored them in a folder named \Zedge\Ringtones\. Now my question, I tried adding a mp3 ringtone from a different source and Zedge doesn't recognize it. Anyone know what is unique about Zedge ringtone files?

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
This is where they are located

Root # system/data/media/0/zedge
1eb2952883a26ebd1587516ae80210cc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174