Where did you make the most money on your PIxel 2 if you sold it?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am seriously thinking of selling my Pixel 2 and getting a Pixel 3. I like the size of the Pixel 2 but I hate the giant bezels. Truth be told, I use a Pixel 2 XL as a daily driver but its large size is becoming less appealing. It's a 3 bears thing... too big, too small, just right. I use the Pixel 2 for travel. I'd like to just downsize to one Pixel 3 for everything.

For those of you that actually sold your Pixel 2, do you have any advice on where to sell it?

I have done Swappa and eBay in the distant past but I may not be current on the best places to sell your phone. Any other contenders? Do you think eBay or Swappa is better?

Thought it best to ask people that may have actually sold their Pixel 2. Thanks!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am seriously thinking of selling my Pixel 2 and getting a Pixel 3. I like the size of the Pixel 2 but I hate the giant bezels. Truth be told, I use a Pixel 2 XL as a daily driver but its large size is becoming less appealing. It's a 3 bears thing... too big, too small, just right. I use the Pixel 2 for travel. I'd like to just downsize to one Pixel 3 for everything.

For those of you that actually sold your Pixel 2, do you have any advice on where to sell it?

I have done Swappa and eBay in the distant past but I may not be current on the best places to sell your phone. Any other contenders? Do you think eBay or Swappa is better?

Thought it best to ask people that may have actually sold their Pixel 2. Thanks!

Sold my 2XL on Swappa. Got a decent price but buy the time I was done with Swappa, PayPal and shipping I was down about 55 dollars from the sale price. Still better than trade in. I'm not sure how much better Ebay is as far as costs.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For well known phones I easily find someone to sell locally in Craigslist or offerup or similar apps. Obviously got to make sure you only meet in you own area in public place and other usual precautions. If I have trouble selling locally then I go to swappa, but you lose some money here because of listing fee, shipping and then paypal fee. You always get most if you can find buyer locally but if not swappa is recommended.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
For well known phones I easily find someone to sell locally in Craigslist or offerup or similar apps. Obviously got to make sure you only meet in you own area in public place and other usual precautions. If I have trouble selling locally then I go to swappa, but you lose some money here because of listing fee, shipping and then paypal fee. You always get most if you can find buyer locally but if not swappa is recommended.

A colleague told me about OfferUp. Never used it. Now I think I should try it, or at least pop into it and see what Pixels are being priced at. Very good way to get away from all those fees that eat into your sale price.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I sell a like new phones I can sell at the highest price on Amazon or sell really fast on Craigslist for a bit less. Craigslist buyers usually want to negotiate about the price.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've used Craigslist, Swappa and eBay. But I haven't used Craigslist in a while. They each have their own advantages/disadvantages. I like the auction system on ebay, get others in a bidding war helps quite a bit. But eBay takes a large bite with fees. While Swappa has less fees, expect to be low balled. Craigslist is slower, gets low ball offers and no shows etc. The other problem with craigslist and letgo/OfferUp is that only people in your immediate area will respond, whereas on eBay and Swappa all 50 states are involved.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you are in a moderate to big city I think you get plenty of interest for Craigslist ad. For example in Seattle area I generally find good buyers very easily thru Craigslist or offer up. Sure I do get low balls, sketchy offers, Nigerian prince etc but I just ignore them and you can get an idea of who genuine buyer is by couple of email interactions.
Also, I meet at public place close to my house/work and not at where buyer wants. And I check before meeting to see if they are still on track to meet etc to avoid no shows.

Overall yeah selling takes little extra effort and work but I still prefer meeting and selling locally than swappa, eBay which involves shipping and PayPal. And chance of buyer to file a claim with PayPal, though never happened to me luckily but have heard horror stories with PayPal even though you have taken every precaution and sent to PayPal verified address etc.

Also, if it's a LG, Sony, HTC or some other OEM which doesn't sell well then it's hard to find buyer and I have to sell it on swappa. But Apple, Samsung and Google phones generally no issues in finding a buyer based on my experience selling many phones. Main thing is to price it right

I've used Craigslist, Swappa and eBay. But I haven't used Craigslist in a while. They each have their own advantages/disadvantages. I like the auction system on ebay, get others in a bidding war helps quite a bit. But eBay takes a large bite with fees. While Swappa has less fees, expect to be low balled. Craigslist is slower, gets low ball offers and no shows etc. The other problem with craigslist and letgo/OfferUp is that only people in your immediate area will respond, whereas on eBay and Swappa all 50 states are involved.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Main thing is to price it right

Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it. I am in a big city. It would be my first local sale experience but you gotta start somewhere! That price comment.... exactly.

Now I am going to wait and see if Google does the unthinkable and offers a Black Friday deal on the unlocked Pixel 3. All I see are the ones with the Verizon shackle attached.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Google store deals on unlocked Pixel 3. Some great deals.

https://www.androidcentral.com/deal-bogo-50-pixel-3-sale-starting-nov-16-google-store
Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it. I am in a big city. It would be my first local sale experience but you gotta start somewhere! That price comment.... exactly.

Now I am going to wait and see if Google does the unthinkable and offers a Black Friday deal on the unlocked Pixel 3. All I see are the ones with the Verizon shackle attached.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

WHOA! I read my blogs religiously but I hadn't sat down and read today's entries. Thanks for pointing this out! WOW.

Hmm... I wonder how I could find someone to go in on BOGO. Probably not. Still, the $150 savings is notable.

I'm not sure which of my phones to sell: 2 or 2XL. I might make a post of that in the Pixel 2 forum. I always like to have a backup especially since I sometimes travel to... "challenging" places.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 2? Or XL? Can I ask what they paid? That would be a very good place to set my price knowing someone just paid $XX for it.

I sold it for $480 on Swappa (Pixel 2 XL) but that was a few weeks ago. I realize I said I just as if I just did so -- bad wording on my part :p.

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ahh, ok. If we were nearby I'd either want to buy your P2 XL or split a P3 order :). Truth be told, the BOGO isn't much different in price than $150/$200 off.