If you are jumping ship, what will happen to your Pixel 6/6P?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am curious about this. If you are planning to jump ship to the S22U or any other phone within the next month or so, what are you going to do with your Pixel 6/6P? Sell it? Where and what do you expect to get for it? Keep it?

I created a new thread for this so as not to hijack the other jump ship post. Just curious how people plan to deal with their Pixel 6/6P.

For me - if I got pushed by another major malfunction, I would probably go with OfferUp to sell it. I'm seeing postings in my area at $650 for the 128G P6P but that doesn't mean it's going to sell for that. Ouch.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When the Fold 4 is available for purchase, my P6P will be collecting dust with the rest of my other phones; dating back to my Japanese phones from the 90s.

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Traded the P6 for $800 credit towards a Samsung S22 Ultra at T-Mobile.
Glad to return to an Edge Screen, S-Pen and gestures the P6 lacked and could not compensate with Nova Launcher.

Will not miss the P6 at all.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence over the S22 ultra. If I do jump ship I'm going to get my Pixel 6 because TMobile gave it to me for free.
T-Mobile is offering $1000 of the S22 ultra with a trade-in of the Note 10. I'm thinking of doing that for the upgrade on one of my lines

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Every year I get the new Galaxy, most of the time I end up returning it for one reason or the other. But on the rare occasion I keep the Galaxy I usually sell my Pixel then a few months later I find myself missing the Pixel ... Sell the Galaxy and get a Pixel then miss the Galaxy LOL (I'm a fickle person, I know ).

For the first time in my life I'm at a place where I can keep both the Pixel 6 Pro and Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Is it smart, sensible, and financially responsible? ABSOLUTELY NOT, LOL! But I may just end up holding on to them both and bounce back and forth when I find myself missing the experience one offers over the other ... we shall see.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I wish I can keep all my phones especially how mint they (unless of course I drop it).

I sell them locally, my last two was a friend at work.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm jumping ship. I'll just sell it, but I don't expect I'll get much back despite the phone being only a few months old. It has a small user base of people who want to actually buy Pixels and on top of that, all the well documented bugs and issues surrounding the phone may have scared away other potential buyers.

I'm just getting rid of it to move to something that's more reliable and stable. Crazy to think now that Samsung have a more reliable phone than Google do.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm jumping ship. I'll just sell it, but I don't expect I'll get much back despite the phone being only a few months old. It has a small user base of people who want to actually buy Pixels and on top of that, all the well documented bugs and issues surrounding the phone may have scared away other potential buyers.

I'm just getting rid of it to move to something that's more reliable and stable. Crazy to think now that Samsung have a more reliable phone than Google do.
Good luck. You may want to try selling it in the Android Central Marketplace forum. https://forums.androidcentral.com/marketplace-buy-sell-trade/

There may just be someone here who is interested.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Been waiting to take advantage of eBay's 80% off fvf option.

Sale ends Friday, just in time for the S22U arrival. Been using my S21U anyhoo for actual phone duties. The P6P radios are just too bad for daily use.

Been selling for about £600 ish. Which is ok after 4.5 months and getting the £150 for the pre order headphones.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. Getting $300 Wal-Mart gift card and $350 off for upgrading will make up for the loss.

Just waiting for my next phone to be released.

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Team Pixel 1000% I'm not jumping ship just because Google misses a couple of marks here and there. I'll only leave when Google decides to abandon the Pixel line all together.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
After three months of dealing with a stonewalled Google Advanced Tech Support, having very high Mobile Network Standby and Idle battery drains documented and shared with Google, the final straw I've had with the Pixel 6 Pro was the extremely WEAK and NO NETWORK SERVICE I received, traveling the rural roads of Colorado and Utah, where I always received a good signal on my phones, especially my last Android the Note 9. Using Verizon where it costs me more than my girlfriend using T Mobile, I'm not talking about sitting in front of wifi and getting a connection. It's the out and about, out of the city, using the rural towers and the handicapped modem on the 6 Pro, reeked big time. I took a loss selling it back to Verizon but they stepped forward and compted me a lot of credit and also promo credits for my next phone. I see that Google is upgrading their Pixel 7 series to a more modern and I trust, a better, stronger modem. I'm personally done being a beta tester for Google and my one and only time buying a Pixel, will be my last.