Where do the VZW official announcements come from?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Where specifically (other than just "from VZW") do official release announcements come from or where are they found? As I recall VZW's main HQ is in CA but could be wrong. So, if announcements come out of CA then we're talking Pacific time. How does this work? Does a new phone just suddenly appear for sale on their website? Having never tracked a phone release before, I'm just curious as to the specifics as to how this all works.

Thanks!

jayishere

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Where specifically (other than just "from VZW") do official release announcements come from or where are they found? As I recall VZW's main HQ is in CA but could be wrong. So, if announcements come out of CA then we're talking Pacific time. How does this work? Does a new phone just suddenly appear for sale on their website? Having never tracked a phone release before, I'm just curious as to the specifics as to how this all works.

Thanks!

Their headquarters is Basking Ridge, NJ.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Now there's a good question. And the answer is "Usually at the worst possible time for Phil."

There's Verizon's official feed, which is usually a little slow. http://news.vzw.com/news/index.html

We also get them e-mailed to us, or there are other PR feeds that you really want no part of because of the signal-to-noise ratio.

Welcome to my world. :p

Reactions: ShaggyKids

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
On a side note, they just released data plan prices for the iPad 2. I could live with these for LTE.

Monthly Usage Cost / Data Allowance
•$20 per month / 1 GB per month
•$35 per month / 3 GB per month
•$50 per month / 5 GB per month
•$80 per month / 10 GB per month

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
On a side note, they just released data plan prices for the iPad 2. I could live with these for LTE.

?$20 per month / 1 GB per month
?$35 per month / 3 GB per month
?$50 per month / 5 GB per month
?$80 per month / 10 GB per month

I wouldn't. That's outrageous.

You go from unlimited to just 3GB and pay $5 more? Keep in mind with LTE you will likely see a data usage spike since you'll be more likely to implement the higher speeds more often.

Reactions: deltwalrus

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Outer space, which is why all these release date rumors are unfounded...we can't communicate with verizon at this time in earth's history.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks!

The Announcement will more then Likely come from the Corporate HQ in Basking Ridge NJ (EST)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Should have asked this as well ... announcements like those we're waiting for (new phone release, new data plans etc) would these announcements be made first thing in the morning or is there no set time?

Monkey_House

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

?$20 per month / 1 GB per month
?$35 per month / 3 GB per month
?$50 per month / 5 GB per month
?$80 per month / 10 GB per month

Those are the same rates they have now for the current tablets. Nothing new.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Well if the ipad isnt getting differ data prices this is a good sign. But things can chang on any day verizon wants. Lets hope tiered data gets delayed/pushed back like the bolt has lol

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't help but notice in all those press releases that for a company so excited about LTE, they sure are spending a lot of money beefing up their CDMA network. And with HTC claiming the phone has been ready to go since November, it makes me wonder if Verizon hasn't sold their souls to Jobs. Apple is very good at two things... Selling phones and corrupting carriers who sell their phones.

bliedel

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't. That's outrageous.

You go from unlimited to just 3GB and pay $5 more? Keep in mind with LTE you will likely see a data usage spike since you'll be more likely to implement the higher speeds more often.

Keep in mind, you aren't going from unlimited to 3GB, you are going from "unlimited" to 3GB. What does "unlimited" mean? It means 5GB. If you exceed 5GB on your current "unlimited" plan, you may incur additional charges.

So really you are going from 5GB to 3GB. I think the prices will be a little better than what the tablets are using though, since tablets are internet-only devices and they make additional revenue off of phones with your voice plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxolina