which is a better buy? Moto x4 or Moto g6/g6 play?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the G6 for my son about 3 weeks ago. It's a great phone for the price. He absolutely loves it. He had a choice between an iPhone 7 and the G6. He opted for the G6. I put the pressure on him during the return period to make sure he really was happy with it and he had no interest in taking it back. Good for me. The G6 is half the price of a used iPhone 7. Lol. Plus I prefer Android so it's nice to finally have someone else in the family on board.

He has pushed that phone a couple days. Gaming, video, music, reading, messaging and phone calls. It's made it through a full day. It charges fast too so even if he needed to top it off, it doesn't take long.

The only downside is updates. Don't expect them. It's on the security patch from March. Not cool but it's about par for Motorola lately.

I think you get a lot for the price though so I can definitely recommend the G6.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the G6 for my son about 3 weeks ago. It's a great phone for the price. He absolutely loves it. He had a choice between an iPhone 7 and the G6. He opted for the G6. I put the pressure on him during the return period to make sure he really was happy with it and he had no interest in taking it back. Good for me. The G6 is half the price of a used iPhone 7. Lol. Plus I prefer Android so it's nice to finally have someone else in the family on board.

He has pushed that phone a couple days. Gaming, video, music, reading, messaging and phone calls. It's made it through a full day. It charges fast too so even if he needed to top it off, it doesn't take long.

The only downside is updates. Don't expect them. It's on the security patch from March. Not cool but it's about par for Motorola lately.

I think you get a lot for the price though so I can definitely recommend the G6.

That's great that he is loving the G6! I too was going to recommend the G6 - I've heard great things about it and the fact that it charges quickly is a big bonus for a lot of people; coupled with the long battery life!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That's great that he is loving the G6! I too was going to recommend the G6 - I've heard great things about it and the fact that it charges quickly is a big bonus for a lot of people; coupled with the long battery life!

Thanks. It's been another week now since I made those comments and I can say that the G6 has not let us down for the most part. The only other thing that is missing is wifi calling. We don't get the best signal at our house so wifi calling is very useful and the G6 doesn't have it from what I can tell. The good news is that the G6 must have a strong signal. We have been able to make and receive phone calls without issue. I can as well with my Note 8, but anyone with an iPhone seems to be hit or miss. Not sure what the difference is, but it's good news for the G6.

Bottom line, still strongly recommend this phone for the price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp