Which is better S6 or iPhone 6?

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Thinking of buying a new phone. My current one is Samsung Galaxy S4. Which is better, iPhone6 or Samsung Galaxy S6?

When the S6 has been officially launched then you might get a sensible answer. Before then it is just supposition.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I think I'll just wait and see. I'm an avid Samsung user but somehow with all the raves I heard about iPhone 6, I can't help it but get curious about it.

The iPhone is a great phone. If your curious you should play with one first hand. Don't let others sway you into a purchased based on what they like. I love both platforms and use them both daily. You should also consider the services the platforms can access. As an exampleif you're into (or your family or friends are) FaceTime or iMessage both of those services are Apple only. Additionally, if you ever plan on getting into wearables that will decide your platform as well because currently android wear is not compatible with iOS and and Apple Watch isn't compatible with Android.

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I really like the Galaxy S6 but i dont see my self upgrading my Note 4 for a while.

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I really like the Galaxy S6 but i dont see my self upgrading my Note 4 for a while.

I like the S6/Edge too but not more than my Note 4 and Note Edge. I might let go of the G3 for it but the G3 was super cheap.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I like the S6/Edge too but not more than my Note 4 and Note Edge. I might let go of the G3 for it but the G3 was super cheap.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱
Im thinking of keeping my note 4 for a year or so before i upgrade to another phone.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I think we shall apply some discrete mathematics to definitively settle this.

Galaxy S5 > iPhone 6
Galaxy S6 > Galaxy S5

Law of Syllogism - The law of syllogism takes two conditional statements and forms a conclusion by combining the hypothesis of one statement with the conclusion of another. Here is the general form: P → Q. Q → R.

Galaxy S6 > iPhone 6

qed.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
S6 Specs are solid and leave iPhone 6 in the dust. This is just another market segment for Samsung. It will be interesting to see how the 5.0 - 5.4" handset segment does with:
- no swappable battery
- no SD card upgrade
- no water resistance

These are deal breakers for me too. The SD card is for not only expansion but also backing up and migrating pictures, data, apps, etc. locally and not depending on cloud services which leave you exposed to all sorts of hacking.

Maybe these features are trending for the 5.5" and larger phones.

Only time will tell.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think we shall apply some discrete mathematics to definitively settle this.

Galaxy S5 > iPhone 6
Galaxy S6 > Galaxy S5

Law of Syllogism - The law of syllogism takes two conditional statements and forms a conclusion by combining the hypothesis of one statement with the conclusion of another. Here is the general form: P → Q. Q → R.

Galaxy S6 > iPhone 6

qed.
Many would not agree that the S5 > iPhone 6 though. I think I would say, however, that based on what I saw today that the S6 is > that the iPhone 6.

from the Note 3 📱

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Going off the reviews from buyers at amazon, the S5 is rated higher than the 6+. And the Note 4 blows the 6+ away.
Now the only risky part is getting the elegance right. If the S6 follows the pattern of the S5 and Note 4 in performance, and packages it in the elegance of of a 6+, then the S6 will be a home run.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Back to reality. The i6 is a great device and the GS6 will be a great one as well. The Apple OS is very lean and well organized. The Android with slimmed down TouchWiz on top is a more customizable ecosystem that does a lot of things as good or better especially true multi-tasking. Both meet very different needs where Apple ecosystem is more packaged and restrictive appealing to people who like slick and quick without having to think about it. In the last two years or so, this past year in particular, Apple started playing catch up adding a larger screen and NFC for example. While large steps for Apple, these would be considered incremental by Android standards. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you read on this site. It is up to you to take ownership land and make your decision based upon testing and facts. After the GS6, Apple will be further behind.

QHD display with 577 ppi that is more energy efficient. i6 has around 320+ppi.

3GB DDR4 RAM versus 1 GB DDR3 RAM
Exynos 7420 32 bit processor faster than Apple 32 bit on multiple cores. GS6 CPU clock speed is faster.

5.1 inch display vs 4.7 inch display.

UFS data storage. Not sure about Apple.

Rapid charging with two wireless charging standards. Not sure about Apple.

NFC and MST mobile payment vs NFC for Apple.

More advanced 4G LTE radio vs LTE radio at old standard for Apple.

Camera with auto HD and OIS as well as IR sendor with a smaller F stop for better low light performance with 4K video for the GS6.

16 MP RFC and 5 MP FFC vs 8 MP RFC and 2 MP FFC.

At the end of the day, it's up to you. Hope this helps.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe