Which is better S6 or iPhone 6?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
S6 Specs are solid and leave iPhone 6 in the dust. This is just another market segment for Samsung. It will be interesting to see how the 5.0 - 5.4" handset segment does with:
- no swappable battery
- no SD card upgrade
- no water resistance

These are deal breakers for me too. The SD card is for not only expansion but also backing up and migrating pictures, data, apps, etc. locally and not depending on cloud services which leave you exposed to all sorts of hacking.

Maybe these features are trending for the 5.5" and larger phones.

Only time will tell.
Move to cloud storage. You'll get 200GB free of cloud storage.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Many would not agree that the S5 > iPhone 6 though. I think I would say, however, that based on what I saw today that the S6 is > that the iPhone 6.

from the Note 3 ??????✒

Galaxy S5 has higher resolution, bigger screen but still one handed usage, removable battery, sd card, 16 MP camera, ip67 waterproof.

The only thing that the iPhone 6 has over the S5 is that it has a better design and that the headphone more is more conveniently located on the bottom.

It is quite clear which one of the two phones is the better phone here.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S5 has higher resolution, bigger screen but still one handed usage, removable battery, sd card, 16 MP camera, ip67 waterproof.

The only thing that the iPhone 6 has over the S5 is that it has a better design and that the headphone more is more conveniently located on the bottom.

It is quite clear which one of the two phones is the better phone here.

And a much much much better camera.

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I think we shall apply some discrete mathematics to definitively settle this.

Galaxy S5 > iPhone 6
Galaxy S6 > Galaxy S5

Law of Syllogism - The law of syllogism takes two conditional statements and forms a conclusion by combining the hypothesis of one statement with the conclusion of another. Here is the general form: P → Q. Q → R.

Galaxy S6 > iPhone 6

qed.

Galaxy S5 < iPhone 6
Galaxy S6 >> 2 x iPhone 6
IMHO

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S5 < iPhone 6
Galaxy S6 >> 2 x iPhone 6
IMHO

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GS6 and i6 might pushing a bit much although the GS6 is better. Also remember the i6s is coming although I don't think that it be much different. Who knows? Apple could go with a smaller F stop and more MP.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
iPhoners are just as much fans of their ecosystem. The facts would appear to bear out the fact that the GS6 camera is better.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There was a thread earlier today that compared the GS6 to the M9 and i6

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Is it really fair to compare Android flagship to an iOS flagship? I don't think so...both are excellent phones for completely different groups of users.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it really fair to compare Android flagship to an iOS flagship? I don't think so...both are excellent phones for completely different groups of users.

Hardware and software should be compared head to head without the lack of objectivity of the fanbase.

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Just get a note 4 and then you'll know you have the best phone

Posted via Android Central App

I'm sure the note 4 is a very good phone, but every time I see someone using one, I can't help but think..."why are you using a waffle to make a phone call? "

Posted via Android Central App

PenguinBelly

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Gizmag has a rundown. I cannot post links yet here but it's at the top of their home page. There is the usual condition (Android v. iOS) that needs to be taken account, but except for that condition it will be hard to avoid acknowledging one's superiority over the other.

PenguinBelly

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Note 4 is a great phone of course. It is the king of smartphones today. By smartphones I mean both "traditional" smartphones and phablets together. But when the S6 is released we will have two kings governing different regions and trades.

If you have to wonder which one is better for yourself - that sounds to me like you are not an experienced phablet user. Many users who are accustomed to the Note series do not want to give up the big screen, removable battery, and S-pen. If those are not top priority for you, I would say the S6/Edge will serve you better.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

they are competing, so yes, its fair and necessary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe