Which is better S6 or iPhone 6?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
OS preferences aside, the S6 trumps the iPhone 6 if these things are important to you:

1) Better camera with OIS, much better for night time shots and video
2) MST payment system compatible with a much, much larger number of vendors
3) Dual wireless charging
4) 32gb in the base model is double what Apple offers
5) Quick charge nets 4 hours runtime in 10 minutes
6) Best in Class screen with more robust sunlight performance

OS preferences aside, the iPhone 6 trumps the S6 if these things are important to you:

1) 240fps slow motion at 720p vs 120fps on the S6.

I dunno -- maybe slow motion wins?
Some of your younger friends may think you're cooler if you have an iPhone... if that can be considered a benefit.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍫

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Please tell me the Android never goes to A Windows operating phone.
I really hate windows system and how the windows phones operate.

And I will defiantly leave the phone I have that uses it.

I've had many phones on all three platforms. Windows Phone is the most fluid, smooth, problem free of the three. It stops there though.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
OS preferences aside, the S6 trumps the iPhone 6 if these things are important to you:

1) Better camera with OIS, much better for night time shots and video
2) MST payment system compatible with a much, much larger number of vendors
3) Dual wireless charging
4) 32gb in the base model is double what Apple offers
5) Quick charge nets 4 hours runtime in 10 minutes
6) Best in Class screen with more robust sunlight performance

OS preferences aside, the iPhone 6 trumps the S6 if these things are important to you:

1) 240fps slow motion at 720p vs 120fps on the S6.

I dunno -- maybe slow motion wins?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the iPhone6/6+ come in 32/64/128GB flavors, not 16GB?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the iPhone6/6+ come in 32/64/128GB flavors, not 16GB?
I believe its 16/64/128GB options:
64e61a9462d9d4de81cd2300303bf7f0.jpg

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫

Colonel_Novak

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S6. ie Android in general. Specially if you're a developer. Android/Google is really a lot of fun to develop for. But then I'm getting sidetracked here. :)

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is too tall and narrow, with a small-ish screen and oversized chin and forehead. It's probably the least aesthetically pleasing iPhone to date and it feels the least premium to me (probably because of the low grade aluminium they use and the lightness).

The main issue with Samsung is Touchwiz. It's still looks like it belongs 2010. They need to refine it and make it less cartoonish. The software just isn't on par with the hardware which is class-leading, and that's where they lose to Apple. But it is more functional, so points there. I'm not a huge fan of the front of the device It hasn't changed since the original S really. It looks very conservative and 'designed by committee.' It needs a face lift. Maybe next year?

Lethegames

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
As a developer, I still have a samsung S2 I use to this day to make sure my games work on weaker devices. I'll probably still be testing on it by the time S12 is out

ygenyk24

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
On the hardware side, S6 is far superior to the iPhone (battery life, memory, camera, etc.). So if you prefer a phone that will work in terms of performance, S6 hands down. However, there's something be said of the iOS from the iPhone which makes it easier to use mobile apps and communicate to other devices within the Mac ecosystem. The software/UI is better in my opinion and better apps tend to be iOS before Android.

MeronApps

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Samsung TouchWiz is what I would remove from S6. A S6 with stock android beat the iPhone but with Samsung software... I think I'll go for the iPhone.

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Since you're already used to TouchWiz (which means you can handle it), the S6's TouchWiz is better (although, IMO still not all that great) - go for the S6, it bests the 6 in all hardware, plus Qi charging - good battery life if you're not in the USA, both are internal storage and the S6's is blazing fast. Minus iOS being a bit more smooth and better looking that TW, I don't see any reason not to get the S6 instead of the 6 - I know I would if I had to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe