Whitestone Dome Developed Blemish

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I love the Whitestone Dome I installed. For the most part seemed pretty flawless till I noticed this morning a small blemish of sorts either a crack or imperfection that I know for sure wasn't there last night. I haven't dropped it and all I did was charge it on my nightstand overnight. I'm puzzled but grateful it's just above the LED top of the screen. It's on the right top and measures maybe 2mm. I cannot feel it with my fingernail. Just wondering if anyone else has this. I'm hoping it's just cosmetic and doesn't propagate any further since currently it doesn't impede the LED screen. As always thank you for any replies!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it causes a problem, contact them. For that kind of money, they should stand behind their product. (And they'd be glad to know if they have a potential disaster about to start showing up.)

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
This is what developed overnight
5773a72d8e089193b69c2652988ba167.jpg

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
What case is that? it looks like the lip of the case in the upper right hand side is very close to the top of the protector. Do you change cases or take it out then put it back in often?

I've had mine for about a month and a half and, thankfully, don't have any chipping like that.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
What case is that? it looks like the lip of the case in the upper right hand side is very close to the top of the protector. Do you change cases or take it out then put it back in often?

I've had mine for about a month and a half and, thankfully, don't have any chipping like that.
It's a supcase unicorn beetle Pro which is listed as one of the compatible cases and I appreciate you thinking about this but I have not taken the case off since I put it on a day after I cured the whitestonedome onto the screen.

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
It's a supcase unicorn beetle Pro which is listed as one of the compatible cases and I appreciate you thinking about this but I have not taken the case off since I put it on a day after I cured the whitestonedome onto the screen.

Supcase makes the Beetle and the Pro. I own both. I used the Pro (with the built-in protector) while I waited for my Whitestone dome to arrive. The Beetle is compatible with the Dome, but I find that the Pro is not. I've thought about trying to rip the protector out of the Pro, but found that the plastic frame for the protector lies on the corners of the protector. I think that would account for the nicks on the edges.

The Beetle works fine with the Dome leaving enough room between the protector and the case for compatibility.

I've since switched to the Speck Presidio Grip case which is both compatible, as well as quite protective and very grippy.

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
i got the same on mine. its about a month old and i got a line of bubbles on the right hand side along the edge about 1mm in from the edge

I'm not sure that's a defect in the glass as much as dust collecting on residue from the glue which might not have been wiped totally clean after the first blast of IR light. I have a small area like that at my bottom bezel, but it doesn't affect the phone or protector at all.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Supcase makes the Beetle and the Pro. I own both. I used the Pro (with the built-in protector) while I waited for my Whitestone dome to arrive. The Beetle is compatible with the Dome, but I find that the Pro is not. I've thought about trying to rip the protector out of the Pro, but found that the plastic frame for the protector lies on the corners of the protector. I think that would account for the nicks on the edges.

The Beetle works fine with the Dome leaving enough room between the protector and the case for compatibility.

I've since switched to the Speck Presidio Grip case which is both compatible, as well as quite protective and very grippy.
This is the one and there's space all around. The Dome is not touching any part of the case.

Galaxy S9+ Plus Case, SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Series Premium Hybrid Protective Clear Case for Samsung Galaxy S9+ Plus 2018 Release, Retail Package (TPU https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079BTMYD...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6253804

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
This is the one and there's space all around. The Dome is not touching any part of the case.
That's the one I have had no problem with. Unless you have been talking it out and putting it back in a lot, I can't think of a reason for the nicks. Sorry.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure that's a defect in the glass as much as dust collecting on residue from the glue which might not have been wiped totally clean after the first blast of IR light. I have a small area like that at my bottom bezel, but it doesn't affect the phone or protector at all.
It is not dust. It is bubbles forming under the glass. If you zoom in you can see the line going down the side of the screen and getting thicker.
It is about 1mm from the edge.

https://image.ibb.co/bwG0DJ/20180529_193346.jpg

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
well, it appears I spoke too soon. While my phone was accidentally dropped from about 4 feet a couple of days ago, it's in a protective Speck Presidio case with a good sized lip. I just noticed this morning that there is a small area in the upper right corner that shows small scratches and bubbles.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
well, it appears I spoke too soon. While my phone was accidentally dropped from about 4 feet a couple of days ago, it's in a protective Speck Presidio case with a good sized lip. I just noticed this morning that there is a small area in the upper right corner that shows small scratches and bubbles.
Bummer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nekopoimodapk