Who got the Google TV2.0 update and where?

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the name "Honeycomb", the press releases say Google TV 2.0 (because you are right, it is nothing like a tablet).

Regarding search, it can now search the media player (if you turn it on in settings) and Amazon VOD and Netflix, which it could not before.

The possible game changer is if in the future, someone makes a killer app that adds something great that people want, you can now get that from the Market (unless you have a Revue, but it will get an update someday). That potential could increase sales.

Yeah, but I know I've heard it called Honeycomb and there's even a honeycomb pattern as one of the stock wallpapers.

As far as the movies, my point was that there's a bunch of stuff in there, but it's not really clear until you actually select something and try to rent it, where exactly it's coming from. Not a big deal, maybe it's actually a good thing, but it's just a little confusing at first.

I bought my GTV the day it hit the shelves in the Sony store and would love to see it take off. I just don't have a ton of faith that someone is actually going to pick up the ball and make those killer apps. It's a chicken/egg thing; you need the apps to get the audience, and you need the audience to get the apps. And nobody is doing the work to properly market this thing.

We shall see.

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have to take back everything I said about the lack of apps. I'm not sure what I was looking at yesterday, but there are actually quite a few available.

Reactions: jrgoodlett

Rafy

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Dont know if this was mentioned before, so forgive me if it was. Anyone looking to force update your sony google tv should crash something in the OS and send a report to Google. I crashed Google Chrome and 5 minutes later my TV wanted to install the update. Give it a try and report back. Hopefully it wasnt just a coincidence.

jbecerril

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Dont know if this was mentioned before, so forgive me if it was. Anyone looking to force update your sony google tv should crash something in the OS and send a report to Google. I crashed Google Chrome and 5 minutes later my TV wanted to install the update. Give it a try and report back. Hopefully it wasnt just a coincidence.

no luck getting it to crash and still no update

AlphaBrav0

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Finally! For those still waiting for their update, I did a factory reset and my update appeared at the setup menu. Also, I usually use wifi to connect to the web but for an update I used a Ethernet cord. Give it a shot!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Nothing here in PA yet :(

Finally! For those still waiting for their update, I did a factory reset and my update appeared at the setup menu. Also, I usually use wifi to connect to the web but for an update I used a Ethernet cord. Give it a shot!

I'm gonna have to give that a try when I get home today, thanks for the heads up :)

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Sony actually has the file on their support site but still says you have to wait for the OTA to get it...

Sony eSupport - NSZ-GT1 - News & Alerts

The person you quoted was wondering about the Revue (not the Sony like you have). It would be a bad idea to try to load Sony software on a Revue. Also, it is better to wait for the OTA than try to load a Sony file.

Revue has not officially been pushed the update yet, so the person quoted most likely was lying.

jbecerril

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

ha great minds think alike did the exact same thing last night and i got the update and now ive been trying to install apks that arent on the market on the tv i tried sideloading spotify and pvz with no luck just wishful thinking i guess

donniegood

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
got mine this morning, I had it connected to my dish DVR but it was working like garbage it was studdering the tv's picture so I unhooked it from the dvr and wired the dvr to the tv and its picture is back to normal. So something on the gtv is messing it up ...btw this is the blueray player

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I seriously doubt that which state or which region we live in within the US will have any effect on the timing of the update.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

incredswim

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today once I got power back here in Hartford CT after 6 days....If you do a factory reset it will push the update to you automatically.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien