Who has Cupcake?

Casey Chan

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Cupcake is reportedly being rolled out to G1 users and we'd like to know if you guys got it! Be sure to tell us where you're located!

Unfortunately, we're still cupcake-less at Android Central. We do hope to hear good news soon though!

SimonNWalker

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
My Cakes Not Baked Yet!

Nothing yet here in the good old US of A.
How do they work out the order of the rollout.
Is is based on the order you purchased your phone or the IMEI number or what? Anybody know?

Orange Crush

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
I believe OTA updates are made available by randomly selecting IMEIs to keep the bandwidth use reasonable. Everyone updating all at the same time would bring the network to its knees. ;)

Regardless, I'm not buying that cupcake is rolling out OTA already. Someone would've snagged the official (retail) signed update by now. All the dev forums only seem to have the developer version for now.

debaillon

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Nobody can tell me who's sending out the update...

I've been told (by some) that Google is sending out the update OTA. I've also read (and been told) that T-Mobile is sending out the update (and that they are now delaying it.) That would leave unlocked AT&T users like myself without the update (unless we "root" our phones and do it the hard way.) :(

BrenDroid

Jun 5, 2009
Visit site
I just got the cupcake update this past weekend-I'm in Lancaster, Pa but I was in Ocean City, Maryland when the update came through. I believe it's the cupcake update? I'm having MAJOR issues with the new text format. It double texts EVERYTHING I send. I was hoping to find help on this....

debaillon

May 4, 2009
Visit site
I ended up downloading the signed update a few days before they started the OTA push

I'm having the same issue with NEW SMS threads. If I reply to an existing thread, only one message gets sent. If I'm composing a new message, 2copies of that message get sent to the same recipient (even though I've only put them in the To: field 1 time.) Really ODD...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24