Who Switched to Sprint for the Nexus S 4g?

Pick One

• Total voters

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Judging by the results after a day:

My theory of Nexus S 4g users complaining about signal goes out the windows. I guess it wasn't just people who switched to Sprint as it looks (Even though the numbers are low) as though everyone had Sprint for the most part.

Thank you for participating, lol.

tony1208

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I was with Verizon Wireless for about 10 yrs....awesome service ...horrible price plans.....so I came over to sprint a month a go...alot better price plans....the service is no where good as Verizon but its not horrible ....3g sux compared to Vzw lol and 4 is waste of a extra 10 bucks since I can't connect anywhere haha...but overall my wallet is happier there fore so am I with sprint haha....
Sent from my Asus Transformer Tab

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was with Verizon Wireless for about 10 yrs....awesome service ...horrible price plans.....so I came over to sprint a month a go...alot better price plans....the service is no where good as Verizon but its not horrible ....3g sux compared to Vzw lol and 4 is waste of a extra 10 bucks since I can't connect anywhere haha...but overall my wallet is happier there fore so am I with sprint haha....

I started with Cingular in 2006 when I was forced to get a phone. Got the Rzr. Eventually I was switched to ATT like everyone else. I went and got the iphone which I hated. Switched to Blackberry. Loved it.

I switched to Sprint for the prices and got another blackberry. Loved the service. Didn't regret it. I was getting faster speeds and MUCH better call quality here. And no service including verizon gets service at my house. (Thank you google voice). I was planning on going to Verizon until the tiered data plan pricing came out of hiding. I'll stick with Sprint for now, happily.

Customer service is a different story though.

tony1208

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I started with Cingular in 2006 when I was forced to get a phone. Got the Rzr. Eventually I was switched to ATT like everyone else. I went and got the iphone which I hated. Switched to Blackberry. Loved it.

I switched to Sprint for the prices and got another blackberry. Loved the service. Didn't regret it. I was getting faster speeds and MUCH better call quality here. And no service including verizon gets service at my house. (Thank you google voice). I was planning on going to Verizon until the tiered data plan pricing came out of hiding. I'll stick with Sprint for now, happily.

Customer service is a different story though.

Lol I was just telling my friend how sprints coustomer service sucks lol...the techs don't seem too educated on the smart phones compared to Vzw but its cool...

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I actually find the service and 3g better than when I was with Verizon and there is a lot more 4g coverage with Sprint.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I actually find the service and 3g better than when I was with Verizon and there is a lot more 4g coverage with Sprint.

Guess it all depends where you are. I travel into the city and I have no problem with Sprint. It's actually perfect. But when it comes to where I am Verizon has more coverage and closer 4g.

Sprint= 50 miles away
Verizon = 17 miles away.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Been a Sprint PCS customer since 1996... interestingly my first Sprint PCS phone was a Samsung SCH-1100.

My judgement of signal quality on the Nexus is by comparison to my other Sprint devices - Evo 4G and Epic 4G - so as compared to those I perceive the signal to be weaker on the same territory.

However, I am not entirely sure the problem is only related to the phone. I have recently gone back to the Evo on the same line, and although signal is stronger, is still worse than before. I know for a fact there has been some tower issues on my area - I contacted Sprint during a signal blackout a few weeks ago. I suspect some of the signal issues are caused by termination of previous roaming agreements with Verizon which makes service more spotty on some areas of the Country where service was excellent before - seems this happened almost coincidentally with the purchase of my Nexus... don't know for sure.

I've also read on several blogs and forums rumors about Sprint doing some network-wide maintenance and update of the towers, in some cases building new ones which would make sense. This may account for some of the signal variability I have experienced with the Nexus and also with my other Sprint phones in my household (six in total).

bkrasso

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Was with Verizon since 03, broke my contract with Verizon for 2 reasons, one was because my wife wanted an Android Phone but didnt want to pay another 30 for the data plan on Verizon, second I wanted the Nexus S 4G.

Cell service was better with Verizon, had less drop calls with Verizon, but the price for switching was so much better for us with Sprint now and the 150 credit for getting a smart phone per line was a good offset of the ETF for canceling line on Verizon.

wetwaterdog

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Switched to Sprint for the Nexus S, 4g...but crappy signal and slow downloads in NE Ohio caused me to cancel and move back to Verizon. Loved the phone, hated the speed and reception issues.