Who's getting the new 2023 Razr?

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
I like that clear case. The other one is thick! I wanted to get a case like the clear one you have but in Canada there was only one case I could find anywhere. Some off brand on Amazon but it looks ok for a PC case. Wanted something that would be here when I got the phone but I'll likely get a clear one when available here.
yeah the gear 4 case is too thick. i should receive the phone tomorrow and i’m going to try it first but might end up with the clear one.

on another forum i follow, someone just posted that they have the clear evo case on their razr 5g and it has been great, really protective and it doesn’t scratch easily. i’m now leaning towards giving it a try tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: mustang8918

moto312gus

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site
Just got mine today, the black one through AT&T for $5/month, 36 months. Glad to see it doesn't have the AT&T logo anywhere. Ordered it yesterday, it arrived today, nice.

All set up and I am in LOVE! The retro-razr screen is fun. The hinge feels hefty and solid. The crease on the main screen is very unobtrusive. I wish the edges had a little texture to them for better grip, but a case will fix that. I've been stuck on Android 10 for a couple years, so 13 is a welcome relief.

I'm trying to stick a metal plate on the back for my magnetic car mount, but nothing seems to stick. The back is plastic with a slightly rough texture. Once my case arrives from Amazon I'll try sticking the plate the the case, assuming the case attaches to the phone securely. Anyone else run into this?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm am curious, and I know the phone is still new but does anyone think that this phone will have the same micro-cracks and bubbling on the folding screen like the Samsung flip/fold phones?

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
I'm am curious, and I know the phone is still new but does anyone think that this phone will have the same micro-cracks and bubbling on the folding screen like the Samsung flip/fold phones?
only time will tell but i have seen several reviews where the person has previous generation devices and they didn’t mention any issues with the screens. just in case i opted for a 2 year accidental warranty.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Motorola just sent an e-mail that they shipped the blue one (even though they said they would cancel it) so once it arrives, I'll decide if I keep this black one or return it but I get the feeling I'm really going to like that blue one, decisions decisions.

Reactions: darrinS

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
That blue one does look nice. I found those to be sold out on the website so opted for the red. I do like the faux leather backside. I hope it feels as good as it looks.
For me there is going to be a little bit of a learning curve with this phone. Tom’s Guide made an observation that when open the volume buttons are the opposite than when folded closed. In other words up is down and down is up depending on being open or folded closed.
I’m hoping mine comes earlier than the stated July 7th delivery date.

Reactions: mustang8918

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
That blue one does look nice. I found those to be sold out on the website so opted for the red. I do like the faux leather backside. I hope it feels as good as it looks.
For me there is going to be a little bit of a learning curve with this phone. Tom’s Guide made an observation that when open the volume buttons are the opposite than when folded closed. In other words up is down and down is up depending on being open or folded closed.
I’m hoping mine comes earlier than the stated July 7th delivery date.
but i believe the volume keys are adaptable. meaning they know the state of the phone and they work as expected.

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
Has that been your experience then? I believe that would be much less confusing.
the phone is charging on my desk right now and i’m in a different room so i didn’t confirm but that has been my experience. folded up the upper volume key is still volume up.

Reactions: cbreze

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
And speaking of volume. Volume for alert notifications are not real loud. At least on mine. Anyone else??

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I know an incoming call can be taken with the phone folded shut but does it have to be using the speaker so all can hear? Or can be done quietly like a slab phone?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I know an incoming call can be taken with the phone folded shut but does it have to be using the speaker so all can hear? Or can be done quietly like a slab phone?
I'm pretty sure, when folded it uses speaker only. I haven't had an incoming call yet to test this

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is usual for foldables but I noticed last night that when I woke up and tapped the cover screen the time was off by thirty minutes and once I unfolded it and closed it again the cover screen time updated correctly. I woke up once again and it was behind about ten minutes and it updated once I unfolded it again. Now I can't depend on it after it's been sleeping to show me the correct time if I just tap the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia