Who's Going or gone back to 2.1 after trying 2.2? Am I all alone?

What have you done or what are you going to do?

• Total voters

cody

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I went with froyo with the first custom ROM. Then again with cyanogen when it came out. Each time going back to 2.1 becasue bugs and stability. When the offical came out i figured this was going to be good.

After a short time I went back to 2.1 and am happy again. While it's not perfect I feel its better than 2.2 at the moment.

Am I all alone?
Who else is back with 2.1?

All the custom ROM builders have basicly stop development on 2.1 and switched to 2.2.

Very weird. Am I missing something? just look at the bug reports here and even more here and how many of the issues have no workaround. This is the reason i left Windows Mobile years ago.

I have watched the boards for a while and haven't seen anyone really going back.

cody

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you are alone. Why stick with Windows Vista, when you can go to Windows 7?

vista? windows 7?

when i got my laptop 4 years ago i went and bought xp pro for 300 bucks to put on it. hated vista.

i'm replacing that laptop this week. i am going to stick xp pro on that mackine as well. windows 7 isn't all that.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not *back* to 2.1, I'm still on 2.1. Right now I still see too many bugs, even after people follow all the tricks for "fixing" what 2.2 breaks.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 2.2 CyanogenMod... best thing I've done to my phone.
It might be cyanogen... might be the uncapped 30fps... but I'm liking 2.2.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I sacrificed my wireless teathering for 2.2 It was a small trade off. however, I'm very pleased about the update. Yes. You're alone.

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could go back to 2.1. Is there a way to do this now? If I did the ota, Im still screwed right?

laraiza

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Your not alone I went back to 2.1 and couldnt be happier. 2.2 is not ready for launch in my opinion plus there were changes concerning the browser, shoddy images, phone screen reboots every so often and quick contacts options I didnt like. It needs a lot of work in my opinion Im using Flipz Fresh evo 2.1 rom now and it will be awhile before I make the froyo jump again. peace out!

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
From microsofts statistics 54% of users are still on xp so I doubt its like shooting yourself in the foot

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mostly because companies don't want to pay for the upgrade nor deal with upgrading their other software that doesn't work on any OS made in the past 10 years.

Considering Windows 7 even includes XP mode in professional editions, there's really nothing you can say that puts XP in a better light as an OS choice.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mostly because companies don't want to pay for the upgrade nor deal with upgrading their other software that doesn't work on any OS made in the past 10 years.

Considering Windows 7 even includes XP mode in professional editions, there's really nothing you can say that puts XP in a better light as an OS choice.

It's more because although XP is almost 9 years old, you can still grab pretty much any hardware or software application off the shelf and run it. While 7 adds a few nice features and some polishing, there are really no must-have capabilities that are absent in XP.

Now, if I were building/purchasing a new PC, I would proceed to Windows 7 to be current. But for in place upgrades, there really isn't that much incentive to move up to 7.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's more because although XP is almost 9 years old, you can still grab pretty much any hardware or software application off the shelf and run it. While 7 adds a few nice features and some polishing, there are really no must-have capabilities that are absent in XP.

Now, if I were building/purchasing a new PC, I would proceed to Windows 7 to be current. But for in place upgrades, there really isn't that much incentive to move up to 7.

Actually there IS hardware that doesn't support XP anymore, and in addition, Windows 7 makes using new hardware far more pleasant.

Of course you can't fail to mention the performance improvements and battery life improvements (for laptops). Aero? 64-bit (XP-64 was a joke, especially driver-wise)? Far better memory management? More effective fragmentation management? Completely redone sound and video stack? Various new security measures?

Also, the other poster mentioned taking a Win7 laptop and downgrading it to XP. A terrible idea, even if it is possible (many laptops don't have the drivers for it anyway).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra