Who's rock the phone naked?

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
never understood why someone would rock a phone naked but to each their own... i agree the phone is perfect naked since its light and you get to enjoy the look of the phone... but at the same time if you drop it then forget it that thing is damaged... yes i love the look of the phone naked but i wont take my chances and would rather have protection with a slim tpu case and screen protector... this way if i drop it im good and can still get full value when i trade in my phone and also dont have to worry about a cracked screen... also the grip of the phone is a lot better with a case
I totally get it. I just can't bring myself to use a case because it defeats the purpose of the form factor, feel in hand, and refinements that are made in each new generation. With a case I feel like every phone is the same phone. I have been pretty lucky. Only killed two of my last 6 phones. Usually they start to scratch or wear the paint a bit on the back over a couple month but I just throw on a skin and it's new to me.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I totally get it. I just can't bring myself to use a case because it defeats the purpose of the form factor, feel in hand, and refinements that are made in each new generation. With a case I feel like every phone is the same phone. I have been pretty lucky. Only killed two of my last 6 phones. Usually they start to scratch or wear the paint a bit on the back over a couple month but I just throw on a skin and it's new to me.

I go caseless most of the time, but if I broke phones like you I would reconsider.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I go naked, but will get a case sometimes to use one just because, or when I know I'll be out and about and might need added protrction

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Dont be that guy crying on here after a week then drop and crack it cause ya was to cool for a case. Imma laugh at ya, just a heads up

KnicksALLday

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

i agree with you 100%... naked is the best way to go.. but i know for me personally i will drop my phone and i dont want to damage the side of the phone or crack the screen... if i crack the screen fixing it will be a 100 plus... so i rather just use a screen protector... and using a case i have a better grip on the phone all together...

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I fumbled my Note 2 when putting it in my car cradle, watched it hit the carpet and bounce out of the open door, face down in the carpark many years ago.
I also lost a two day old HTC M8 handing it to a friend who fumbled it and dropped it two feet screen first onto a patio... hadn't got round to getting a case.
Now a case is the first thing that goes and stays on a phone till it gets sold.
Yeah it spoils the lines and design but when I sent my S8+ back to Samsung after two years of use, the phone was immaculate and looked like new.
The only time it ever came out of the case was for cleaning.
It didn't happen to me... till it did happen to me and it's never cheap or fun.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use a thin, clear case - because of that on my last phone, I got the full trade-in offer. If you're planning to resell or trade-in, a case is a necessity. If you're going to keep it or give it to someone, it's optional.

I'll probably get a slightly more rugged case soon for travel, after I see some reviews and/or a good deal is posted.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Always case-free here other than exceptional circumstances (usually where alcohol may be involved)

Honestly I would rather enjoy the phone myself than worry about the next owner getting it immaculate. If I had to use a case I'd probably choose a different phone e.g. a case usually pushes a plus sized phone over the edge so I'd go smaller. I'd also probably choose a cheaper model too as one reason I go flagship is for the aesthetics.

I've taken some battle scars over the years but accept the risk, usually have insurance too.

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
Always case-free here other than exceptional circumstances (usually where alcohol may be involved)

Honestly I would rather enjoy the phone myself than worry about the next owner getting it immaculate. If I had to use a case I'd probably choose a different phone e.g. a case usually pushes a plus sized phone over the edge so I'd go smaller. I'd also probably choose a cheaper model too as one reason I go flagship is for the aesthetics.

I've taken some battle scars over the years but accept the risk, usually have insurance too.
+1 to all

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Right now I have a super thin case. I'm still debating on going without a case. I would get at least a naked skin to help with the slipperiness. I love the build of the phone. And the looks. First phone in a while i wanted to use without a case. I have insurance so I'm not worried about dropping it to much.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Exactly!!

mpachis

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Got the S10 and put it in the Samsung silicone case with a Whitestone dome glass protector on the front.

Going naked on an all glass phone is just tempting the Fates. Dome glass saved my S9+ from a fall on some bricks. Spidered the protector but not a scratch on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej